This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not care about that; I am not leaving

This particular incident involved one of my co-workers.

Both of us work as porters for a parking company.

Yesterday she had to work at one of the parking lots that our employer manages. Turns out several customers who park at that parking lot have monthly parking permits allowing them to park there. Recently that parking lot has been full... to the point that there are no more spots for some of the monthly parking customers. So some of them complained about that.

Our employer blocked off several parking spots with cones for the monthly parkers.

There are also customers who park there on a daily basis. They pay at the pay machine located inside the parking lot.

My co-worker was working at that parking lot directing traffic out of the lot because it was full when a daily parker arrived. She let the customer, a female, know that the lot was full due to only enough parking spots for the monthly parkers.

Her response...

I do not care about that. I am a daily parker, I have been parking here for 5 years. I am not leaving.

She had to call one of the supervisors to deal with the customer. That supervisor had to find a parking spot for this customer. She ended up parking in a spot that is technically not a spot.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 08-23-2014, 12:37 AM.

Hmmm...Do the police have jurisdiction within the parking lot/structure as far as illegal parking is concerned? Just askin'
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

call Argabarga! XD

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Hmmm...Do the police have jurisdiction within the parking lot/structure as far as illegal parking is concerned? Just askin'
        Depends. It's private property.

I don't think cones will fly if you called the cops on the daily parker. They'd call it a civil matter and leave. She's probably win with management, too.

However, if the lines are repainted to reserve spots for the monthly parkers, then the cops might view it as trespassing and tell her to leave.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I was actually referring to this bit :
          She ended up parking in a spot that is technically not a spot.
          Sounds to me like she was in a no-parking zone.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I was actually referring to this bit :
            Sounds to me like she was in a no-parking zone.
            lol. I'll return the "keeping an EXTRA three hours off..." favor you did me over on plankton's thread.

"supervisor had to find a parking spot for this customer. She ended up parking in a spot that is technically not a spot."

So I'm assuming the sup dealt with it with a "If it fits here, you can park here." sort of thing. Which is totally kosher in a private garage. Heck, they could say "One car per floor" or "Wing mirrors MUST touch" if they wanted. Customer response might not be good, but they could.

I don't think the spaces being painted or marked by cone matter either - businesses (outside of discrimination laws) can accept or deny business on whatever basis they want. Being out of prime rib or out of parking spaces makes no difference. If the garage person tells me all they have available are small car slots (or monthly if I'm a daily) and I'm in the Titan, that's it.

Comment

Working...
            X