This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and Strange

Just had a customer stare at me until I addressed her....
    It was incredibly awkward....
    How have I not killed anyone yet?

Maybe she thought you were busy and was watching for what seemed like a good moment to get your attention? (shrug)
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Maybe she thought you were busy and was watching for what seemed like a good moment to get your attention? (shrug)

I admit to doing this myself. If someone at the counter is obviously in the middle of something I'll stand a step or two back and silently (and hopefully politely!) wait until they've reached an obvious stopping point.

It's a bit easier in banks, since you don't go to the counter until they press the button to call you up. I've seen more than one impatient twit go up to the counter as soon as the previous customer moves and get politely told to re-join the line as the teller has to finish the previous customer's transaction.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I hate customers who stare. It's like they're trying to eat your soul.

Comment

I had a guy do this the other day. He obviously missed my "good morning" and didnt utter a word in response. Maybe he didnt hear me, I dont know. He stood there and continued to stare till I asked him what I could get him. OK dude, just how many times do I need to speak to you till I get some sort of response? He then spoke and was like thats what I was waiting for. Oh excuse me, good morning wasnt good enough?

Comment

I work in a day nursery and to get in to the building you have to ring a bell and we will then buzz you in if we know you or come and talk to you if we don't. There is a sign on the door asking people to push the bell with an arrow pointing at the bell.

My desk is the other side of a window right by the bell so that I can see who is at the door. At least a couple of times a day I get the feeling I am being watched and I look up to find someone staring through the window at me waiting for me to help them. It is really off putting through the glass so I can imagine how un-nerving it is face to face.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
              I hate customers who stare. It's like they're trying to eat your soul.
              Same here. I start feeling creeped out, like I'm a science experiment or something.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X