This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear younger Dasota,

Don't listen to your uncle when he says "You are your parents' parent." You will completely misunderstand and it'll really fuck up your relationship with your parents you arrogant kid you.

That said, do your damn homework. Yes it's boring, and it's pointless, but your bad habits of procrastinating will carry over. Also, Mr. P and Mr. D will be so important to you and your mental health. And get involved in more tech classes. Your government teacher is an asshole, keep arguing with him, failing the class is worth it rather than just regurgitating his bullshit.

Don't worry that you're in love with 3 different guys and 2 girls. Your heart is big enough for them all, even though only one of them has any feelings for you back. And while he does love you back, he is not good for you in the long term.

Your church doesn't give a shit about you. Your parents don't go, and they don't get any money from you, so they don't care. That being said, give them no mind and keep doing your camera work there, the expirence is worth it. Besides, you know that there's more than one god anyways and the way you choose to believe and worship is up to you.

GO TO COLLEGE! Even if it's just *High School name* Senior Senior High. You can tranfer from there.

And travel! Go meet your online friends. Adventures are everything.

You will never figure out which personality was your real mom. Just set it aside and move on. You won't change her and it's not worth your time. And move out as quickly as you can, living under the same roof as your dad isn't healthy for either of you. You will be best buds after you move out.

You're gonna date a guy that will build you up and tear you down again and again. I can't say don't date him as you will learn so much about yourself., but brace yourself as there are gonna be times that are insanely difficult and decisions that will seem like a horrible idea, but in hindsight be glad it went the way it did. Also, totally sleep with his ex best friend after all is said is done, cuz it'd probablybe worth it and then at least you'll have done what you got accused of. And be fabulous afterwards, cuz he is going to just self destruct and so many folks are going to see you were in the right.

And my novel is done, haha

Comment

Dear Low Level GK,

Don't date the red head. No, not that one, the other one. Actually, both of them. What is it with you and red heads? Stop it. One them isn't even a real red head you idiot. Trust me this will save you YEARS of grief.

Oh, and don't take the job at the call centre.

Comment

Dear 12 year old smiley: I know how shocked you are to learn that you were lied to for the last 7 years about your father's death, and I know you won't believe me, because even 15 years later it is hard to believe, but it wasn't malice that made everyone hide the truth from you. Also, you weren't the reason that your father killed himself, again, I know that will be hard for you to believe.
        Also, that feeling you got that you couldn't explain while watching Matt climb a fence, that is exactly what everyone has been telling you that you should be feeling towards girls. You should not be afraid of this, it is who you are and the longer you fight it, the harder it will be to come to terms.
        Dear 17 year old smiley: Engineering is not going to work out for you... and USU will be a horrible mistake, UofU will be much more open minded and won't force you to pull your toe back from the closet door. Also, take note that people who are your friends only for as long as you are holding the right holy book aren't true friends, if you don't take my advice about avoiding engineering and USU, and you do make good friends with people who convince you that Mormonism can cure all your ills, don't be hurt when they leave you because you realized that you weren't sick in the first place.
        Dear 3 month ago self: You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force them to drink. Try to remember that in 3 months when all your good intentions do is to pave another stretch of the highway to hell.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Dear 5 years ago yourself:
          go with your instinct and put put your mum's hand written cookbook in your evacuation kit, throw one of the kids photo albums in while your at it.

Comment

Dear high school self:

That group of guys you have lunch with that are always talking about their D&D campaign? It sounds like fun doesn't it? Why not ask them if you can join?

I'd be willing to bet they let you game with them, in fact I'd be willing to bet at least one has a crush on you. If so he'd make a MUCH better boyfriend than your usual type.(Which you find out 20 years later FFS!)

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Dear Low Level GK,

Don't date the red head. No, not that one, the other one. Actually, both of them. What is it with you and red heads? Stop it. One them isn't even a real red head you idiot. Trust me this will save you YEARS of grief.
              Apparently I'm not the only one with a weakness for redheads.

Karen Gillan, are you listening?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Apparently I'm not the only one with a weakness for redheads.

Karen Gillan, are you listening?
                Red heads have been bad to me also. Oh, bother!
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                X