This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas Cage in Left Behind

Let's not have this turn into a religious discussion. Thanks.

I only just yesterday learned that he'd be playing Ray in the new Left Behind movie which I was completely unaware of. Kiss of death, right? Mediocre movie in progress?

I'm hopeful, myself. If Tom Cruise can be a rock star I'm hoping Cage can be Ray.
    Last edited by Tama; 09-30-2014, 04:35 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Didn't they do at least one Left Behind movie already and this is a "reboot/restart/retry"????

Yeah there it is "Left Behind movies from 2000 - 2005
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I saw the first one and honestly, it didn't leave much of an impression. There were simply too many errors and the acting, especially by Nicolae, just didn't sit right.

I mean, he played it right, but somehow I expect more out of the character.
      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

This is to be more of action movie than anything. They have three movies laid out and Nicolae debuts in the next movie.

Comment

I don't hate Nicolas Cage. If you need an actor to completely lose his shit onscreen, he's your man.

It's funny to me that they want him to be in this pro-Christian movie when he was also in Bad Lieutenent: Port of Call New Orleans which features him as a bad cop who busts kids leaving a party, steals their drugs and then bangs the girl while screaming at her boyfriend, "Stop! You WILL watch me f**k your girlfriend!"
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            ..."Stop! You WILL watch me f**k your girlfriend!"
            Just barely beaten by "You're gonna need a bigger boat" and "Louis, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship" for best movie quote. LOL
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Nicolas Cage will make just about any movie for a paycheck. He's in up to his eyeballs with the IRS. Most of the movies he makes, he makes to pay his tax bills.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Let's not forget he was also Ghost Rider...

But in any case I'm not sure this role qualifies as one in need of a Cage freakout, but...he may surprise us. If only he could be Nicolae, but he's too old.
                My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post

But in any case I'm not sure this role qualifies as one in need of a Cage freakout, but...he may surprise us. If only he could be Nicolae, but he's too old.
                  He wanted to be Superman. He had the body build for it at one time, but never the face and certainly not the hair.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                    The first one wasn't bad. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad. The second one though...

And I didn't think he was this desperate to take this role. I mean I know the rule for active actors is "if you're not working then you're looking for work" but still...
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                    X