This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, thank you!

To the lady whose doctor's office screwed up: Thank you. I love you. And give 'em hell. Today, the following occurred:

Cast of Characters:
    Me:
    AC: Awesome Customer

<Insert opening spiel and validation here>
    Me: "And how may I help you today, AC?"'

AC: "I was wondering if you wouldn't mind going over a claim with me? It's for labwork on <Date>. Do you need the claim number?"

Me: *I love this lady. Asked politely, gave me some information but not too much, and offered more* "No, thank you. I see it here. While it loads for me, what's your question?"

AC: "Well, I went to the doctor for my physical and a couple of vaccines, and I know when I called <Insurance> before I went to the lab, they told me that all of the labs I listed were on the preventive care list, but my EOB says I have a responsibility. I was wondering if you could check and see if this was a processing error or a billing error for me."

Me: *You.....you didn't insinuate that we did this on purpose just to spite you? I might cry I'm so happy* "I'm happy to check that out for you, let me take a quick look. *Scrolls through claim.* "I can see here it wasn't submitted to <Insurance> with a preventive diagnosis code on it, so it processed as diagnostic labwork."

AC: "Thank you. Hey, I have my copy of the labwork order from my doctor. If I tell you what diagnosis codes he put down, can you tell me if they're preventive so I know if I need to call his office or the lab?"

Me: *If I was 20 years older, into women, and in <Southern State>, I would propose!* "Absolutely. Let me just pull up my guide here..."

The rest of the call went as similar. She very nicely asked me to check some benefits for her, asked me to explain more about how her HRA worked, and, in the end, asked me if she could tell my supervisor how awesome I was. I happily transferred her over to BossLady's voicemail. The praise she left me was so glowing that BossLady's BossLady asked her to pull my call and save the voicemail because she wants to listen to it!
    And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

That's just awesome ^_^

Excuse me for a minute...I have something in my eye. Someone must be cutting onions or something...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Excuse me for a minute...I have something in my eye. Someone must be cutting onions or something...
      Mondays are usually a really rough do so this was especially touching. Someone cut onions by me too.
      And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

Working...
      X