This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatiant much?

So, got off the bus today and crossed the street to walk to work. To get to work, I have to cross a side street. As I was approaching that street, there was a car waiting to turn left there, and a pickup truck going right.

Traffic was pretty steady, so the car turning right had to wait. There was a slight break in traffic that the car might have been able to get through, but the driver waited (possibly thinking I would cross at the intersection there). I was still a good distance away regardless; but the Truck driver having had to wait all of 15 seconds so far, honked the horn to encourage the car to go.

I rolled my eyes and cut down the street a bit so I wouldn't cross in front of them, while traffic continued to go. Once I crossed the street, I glanced back and noticed just the car at the corner now. Looking back on the side street, the Truck was backing up to the entrance of Work's parking lot. (about 10 car lengths back from the corner; thankfully the side street isn't busy so they didn't hit anyone)

Truck driver roared through the lot to the exit on the main street, and damn near ran over a bicyclist in their impatience to get on that street, in plain view of everyone coming in to my work and a few others I'm sure.

All told, it took maybe a couple of minutes or so. All because some idiot couldn't stand to wait. Thankfully no one was hurt.
Working...
X