This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Rage oops

I was driving into work today and saw this nice road rage incident in my mirrors. Squealing brakes alerted me to a ute loaded with tools (tradie unit) that had cutoff a second ute (empty ute). Tradie ute then slammed on its brakes to make the empty ute brake hard. There was no other traffic in their lane from them to the next set of traffic lights. Braking for no reason is a traffic offense and gets you into trouble if the police see you. Tradie ute was upset about something and being a dick to the empty ute.

Next thing the Empty ute has flashing red and blue lights coming from the grill. Oops Tradie Ute has just done a stupid road rage incident to an unmarked police vehicle. I didn't to see the rest of this incident as Tradie ute was turning down another road.

The police here have taken to driving unmarked police cars (with hidden lights and sirens) to catch idiots on the road. They also use a large variety of vehicles of different colours for their marked cars.

Carma. Gotta love it.

*crickets chirping*

>_<
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Instant carma's gonna get you~
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

One helping of Karmic revenge, served promptly

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
          Squealing brakes alerted me to a ute loaded with tools (tradie unit) that had cutoff a second ute (empty ute).
          "What is a 'ute'...?"

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            "What is a 'ute'...?"
            A ute is a type of vehicle in Australia that is probably called a pickup truck in other places. The ones involved in this incident had trays separate from the cabin.

Comment

I've seen the queensland police using small box trucks for this type of thing. They usually have an unmarked car nearby as the trucks can easily be out run.

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
                A ute is a type of vehicle in Australia that is probably called a pickup truck in other places. The ones involved in this incident had trays separate from the cabin.
                (please correct me if I'm wrong)

From my understanding utes tend to be more of a car base vehicle, the modern equivalent of a Chevy El Camino, or Ford Ranchero, although I think full size pickups are also called Utes to.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  "What is a 'ute'...?"
                  Oh, excuse me your honor - "second uuuuthe"

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                    (please correct me if I'm wrong)

From my understanding utes tend to be more of a car base vehicle, the modern equivalent of a Chevy El Camino, or Ford Ranchero, although I think full size pickups are also called Utes to.
                    This is my understanding as well. The term was originally used to describe car-base with a pickup-bed like this. But not being from Upside Down Landia, I can't speak for whether "ute" now describes full-size pickups as well.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      This is my understanding as well. The term was originally used to describe car-base with a pickup-bed like this. But not being from Upside Down Landia, I can't speak for whether "ute" now describes full-size pickups as well.
                      Probably, it's short for "utility truck/vehicle" - the term pickup is only heard over here from American TV.

Comment

Quoth kzc View Post
                        Oh, excuse me your honor - "second uuuuthe"
                        I was wondering if someone would get that.

Comment

And here I thought it was Ozzie for SUV.
                          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Was watching a vid of some kangaroos, and spotted an ute! (I think.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rRddLDynsCs
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                            X