This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payroll Oopsie?

At Cup Palace we get paid weekly, specifically Friday. The amount I received yesterday seemed legit enough. We get bonuses monthly if we exceed the sales goal collectively as a team. Usually the amount is less than $300 which is more than enough for all of us. Today I casually checked my bank account so I could see the budget I'd be working with, just to see quite a substantial pending deposit from work. It is basically the amount I might have been making monthly in the summertime when we had more customers. I already called my boss and she said if it deposits Monday, that she'd call payroll and go from there. I'm hoping they let me keep it though, honestly. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

I have. They let me keep it, but they took the extra amount from my next paycheck.

Comment

Happened to my mother back when I was in elementary school. The Bank of Nova Scotia mistakenly deposited ALL the direct deposits for people working for her employer and banking with them into her account. She reported the issue - and they "fixed" it by undoing the deposit. Of course, when they did that, they wound up taking HER pay out as well - and a few automatic transactions "bounced" due to insufficient funds. Needless to say, BNS didn't cancel the NSF fees that were caused by THEIR error. A few months later, she was dealing with a different financial institution.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The few times it's happened with my hubs, they always took the overage out of the next paycheck.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
        X