X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Street Pizza

Time for my own crazy biker story.

Next to my work is a paved walking trail, that walkers and bikers use. It crosses the road next to my office, and while that road isn't busy, it does see steady traffic, especially in the morning and evening. (The Canada Post sorting centre is around the corner, so a lot of the Post vans will cut down this road to have a right turn into the sorting centre).

Yesterday, I was leaving the office and heading to the path to walk downtown. I noticed this guy (late teens/early twenties I'd say) on his bike pedalling like mad down the path; you could tell he wasn't planning to stop.

Looking up the road, I could see a Canada Post white van coming down the road towards the trail. By the time I put two and two together, the biker was already zooming across the street without slowing down one iota, and the van (thankfully) managed to slam on his brakes and stop in time (he was going at a sane speed for the neighbourhood, unlike the biker). Biker kept going and the driver was as flustered as I was (along with at least 2 more witnesses who also saw it)

The trail DOES have a Stop Sign on the trail itself for that matter.

I'll often give a frustrated head shake combined with a "what are you going to do" raised hands shoulder shrug at some of the idiocy I witness (as a walker) on the roads. But this street pizza to be earned that and an actual vocal "Idiot!" name calling; not that he was anywhere around to hear it.
Working...
X