This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    My original challenge said to combine chocolate with SEAFOOD. Don't think chicken quite qualifies.
    Chocolate liqueurs would be your best friend if you accidentally ate the poisonous parts of puffer fish and you found out that you have about 1 hour to live.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      I don't eat seafood at all, but not because I can't, but because I simply don't like it. That said, I think this idea sound the most promising so far.
      Thank you. Good to get the feedback.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        I've heard that either dark, unsweetened chocolate, or straight cocoa liquer, can be used in chili-based or chili-strong sauces, stocks and broths and taste good.
        I have actually used chocolate in chili. If done correctly, it not only makes the chili richer, but it is basically invisible, as no one actually tastes chocolate. I can't claim innovation with this, though, as chocolate is a longtime classic ingredient in chili.

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Or if such a thing exists, a seafood chili.
        Not only does it exist, but I've made a version of it. A few years ago, for a local chili cookoff, my friend Cookie and brainstormed over a few beers and came up with a white seafood chili that we collaborated on, while also each entering our own traditional chilis. The results? Out of fifteen entries, my signature traditional chili came in third, her traditional chili came in seventh, and our collaboration came in an impressive fifth.

If you're wondering, the white seafood chili involved clams, mussels, oysters, white beans, cream, and Spanish pork, among other things.

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        Hmm... Gotta try cutting wasabe with baking chocolate and using that on sashimi.
        NNOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.......!!!!!

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        Chocolate liqueurs would be your best friend if you accidentally ate the poisonous parts of puffer fish and you found out that you have about 1 hour to live.
        ANY liquor would be my best friend in that situation!

But is there a reason unique to chocolate liqueur that would make it preferable to any other spirits for such a horrible situation?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
          I read chocolate liqueurs, but then I think chocolate liquor...which is not the same...and not delicious. At all.
          My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
          X