Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coworker's Bro - Wants Unemployement for 4-Hours of Work!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker's Bro - Wants Unemployement for 4-Hours of Work!

One of our newest Officers was complaining about what her 17 YO brother had just done.

Apparently, he'd gotten a job at 'W*ndys' and was fired 4-hours into his first shift because he was upset that his bosses kept 'telling him what to do.' He bragged to his sister that now he could get unemployment, because it wasn't his fault he'd gotten fired, he'd had a panic attack and what they did was discriminatory.

She admitted that she, her father and brother do actually suffer from panic attacks on occasion, but in her brother's case he greatly resents authority and she highly DOUBTS he was stressed enough to have an attack, this is just another scheme to be lazy and not have to work like his dad wants him to. She TOLD him that he wont be able to collect because he was not unjustly fired, and he can't claim discrimination because his panic attacks have never been diagnosed by a doctor, thus no proof. He doesn't believe her though and seems to think he's landed on EZ Street!

She has a LOT more stories about her brother!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

UE also requires a certain number of minimum hours worked. He may be able to make a case via the other means mentioned...*with a lawyer's help*, but he'd need evidence.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, this kid sounds like a POS scammer douche.

He won't be successful, but he'll spend months whining about how he got "screwed."

No lawyer will take this case; it won't be worth it. Without a formal diagnosis, he can't make an ADA claim. He got fired for cause; the other employees won't back him because they don't know him.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

In Illinois, full time for one calendar quarter minumum....come to think of it the minumum age is 18 in the first place.
        We now have a test on how polite the bureaucrat is: does he/she silently nod, roll eyes, or manically laugh when the kid in the OP describes the basis for his claim.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Many states require that you have to work for a company for a FULL YEAR before qualifying for unemployment.

This kid sounds like the equivilent of someone who purposely throws grapes on the floor at a grocery store to fake a fall.

Comment

Don't worry, he won't get it. He'll be laughed right out of the unemployment office.

Comment

Working...
            X