This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here watch House on Netflix?

So, my mom recently started watching House on Netflix Streaming as they have all 8 seasons on there & now she's got me hooked...We used to watch it on cable but the episodes were all out of order & personally I like to watch in order...

So, anyone here watch? feel free to discuss, I don't mind spoilers as I'm going to watch all the way through anyhow so discuss away
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Don't get attached to Cameron's lovely red hair.

(No, she isn't going to die)
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

My husband and I are working our way through it.

Comment

I know right? I have seen a few of the later seasons so I know her hair color changes pretty much every season (along with her attitude slowly getting worse as the series goes on but oh well)

I will say that I prefer the original team to the later bunch..Plus, have you ever watched Hugh's interviews on Youtube? even knowing that isn't his real accent on the show it still throws me when I hear his British accent

Comment

I didn't care much for the later teamw either. Thirteen was alright and Parks was amusing enough. But other than that. Masters was insufferable. I don't even remember the other woman's name. Taub is basically a punch line and Kutner......yeah. >.>

Comment

I felt that when House went to rehab...right there the series should have ended because it was never as good after that. Wilson dropping House off at Mayfield would have been a perfectly poetic ending. Everything that came after felt like they were merely milking the franchise, imho.

I was working through it but left off on the last couple seasons because the husband and I were trying to work through them together and schedules haven't meshed well.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

yeah, ya know you just brought up something that is a sore point with me, don't get me wrong, I like Wilson very much & think that he & House just jive well together. Another medical drama, "Chicago Hope" had much the same thing with Jeffery & Aaron ie, 'best friends in life' they called it & like Jeffrey & Aaron, Greg & Wilson show that 2 men CAN have a soul mate relationship without it being sexual if that makes sense...

BUT, where Wilson irks me is his continued badgering Greg about the pain meds (and Wilson isn't the only one, Cuddy irks me too) usage & continuing to try to 'fix' what he perceives to be a 'problem'. Yes, House takes too many pills I agree on that, popping 5 & 6 pills all at once in one go, God I'm surprised sometimes he's still able to remain STANDING, much less function at all taking that many, but damn, ya know the guy's in fucking pain here & Wilson/Cuddy are acting all self-righteous about it, makes me want to give those 2 a good hard shake sometimes

As someone who is a chronic pain patient myself & YES I am dependent on the pills to make it through the day without shooting myself, it pisses me off to see them acting that way

*deep breath*

But I suspect that as much as Wilson bitches about how House acts sometimes, that he would have it no other way, knowing that he is very likely the only person keeping House from self-destructing altogether, which is also why I strongly suspect that had the series continued after Wilson died, that House very likely would have eventually killed himself

Comment

I've watched the entire series.

My favorite episodes by far were the House's Head/Wilson's Heart two part finale to season four. So great.

Comment

I started watching it; gotta be careful not to spit coffee on your screen with some of the stuff House says! He reminds me of the show 'Becker.'
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I know right? we've learned to try not to eat or drink anything at the same time we watch 'cause of how often we've made the mistake of having a mouthful & nearly choking ourselves to death

another tidbit of useless trivia I learned, as I said in a previous post, Hugh is British but I read somewhere (likely on IMDB) that he would use the American accent as long as he was on set whether they were filming or not, pretty cool huh? I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep an accent that isn't your natural one going for as many long hours as they generally film

also, the character of Chase was originally supposed to be British, but apparently Jesse Spencer trashed the accent so bad it was grating on Hugh's nerves so they switched him to an Aussie

Comment

Working...
                    X