This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zapdos, A wondertrade miracle

In Pokemon X/Y, they brought a new type of trade system called the wondertrade. You put in a Pokemon, and then trade with a random person. There is no way to know what you will get. A few weeks ago, I was wondertrading my massive number of breed Klefik trying to get a shiny (Golden key ring). I had a couple hundred Klefkis that needed a home.

Suddenly, the Legendary Zapdos (German) appeared on the received screen . Needless to say, I was shocked by this. I even checked the pokedex to make sure that it was who I thought it was (more out of disbelief then anything else). I wish I knew the story of why it was wondertraded (a generous person? betrayal by a friend/relative? not paying attention and misclicked?). It was awesome day for me.

But, now I have 2 Zapdos. I can not care for both, it would not be fair to them . Zapdos is only catchable if you pick Fennekin to start. My copy of X, I picked the water-starter (Froakie) so I can catch Moltres.

That leaves me needing Articuno to complete my collection.

If you are interested in Trading me an Articuno, I will give you my Zapdos.

Zapdos is level 78, Electric/Flying. Has the moves: Thunder, Discharge, Drill Peck, and Light Screen. He was EV trained in a balanced way. His Special Attack is his strong point. This is the one I caught, so he will be English in the Pokedex.

PM me if you are interested. I will also accept other Legendary Pokemon (from previous generation. Articuno, will soon be the only one missing from gen 6 for me.). I may also accept "shinnies" but only for particular Pokemon that I am interested in (I have a weakness for Golden Pokemon, so shiny ).

This is why am I not using GTS. Because I am looking for multiple things and am interested in seeing what people will offer me for Zapdos.

Does anyone else have interesting Wondertrade tales?
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

I managed to get a Zekrom in a wondertrade once. O.o It's still sitting in my PC box. The plan is to trade it to my partner, then put it up on the GTS for another legendary and go through as many as we can until I get to the ones I can't get hold of for some reason. (ie Shaymin, Meloetta, Victini)

Although I swear that the GTS's filters have slipped recently, as quite a number of Jirachi that I found on a trade recently were named "Fuck you" or "blowjob."

Btw, my friend code is 2165-7325-6334. I want more friend codes, especially with the Gen III remakes coming out!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I guess I should post my Friend code as well

5069-4172-5883

I already preordered the next game.

Almost forgot, best thing about working nights. When I wondertrade I get a lot of Japanese and European Pokemon.
      Last edited by Gilhelmi; 11-06-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I too have preordered the next game. In fact, I went and spoke to the store her other day because I wouldn't be able to make it on launch day due to being in another state at the time. They gave me a week after launch to pick it up

Comment

Bah, that thing is a pain in the arse. I've not had enough random encounters with it to put it into the island place where you can finally catch it.
          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
          And it's not what I wanted to be
          The weight on me
          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
            Bah, that thing is a pain in the arse. I've not had enough random encounters with it to put it into the island place where you can finally catch it.
            I have moltres as mine (I chose froakie), but I'm only working towards pokemon seen rather than pokemon caught.

I have no clue if the ruby/sapphire remakes will do the same, so I will wind up catching them there.

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
              You have to use the PokeDex to track their movements. Do not use Fly (that will randomize the location). I found heading to Luminose City and tracking from their worked best for me.

Fireheart. Did you know that if you go to a cafe in the towns (not Luminose) and pay 5000 to sit on the sun porch (not what it is called, I forget the word), the woman siting at one of the tables will have a Pokemon you have not seen before?

I just found that out recently. She even has Pokemon for earlier game . I have seen a few dozen Pokemon doing this.

Comment

Working...
              X