This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN DOT? No, MN DERP!

I had a fun morning driving to pick up some supplies, so I thought I'd tell the tale here for your reading pleasure. It is a tale of tragedy, and more derp than I know what to do with.

I had to go to Jordan, MN, from my central MN home, to pick up some supplies for work. I could take 94 to 494 to 169 S, but I'd be hitting rush hour head on. No thank you, so I decided to take a back route, that I like to take to avoid the cities all together.

I'm on MN 22 going South, North of a town called Biscay, when I run into road construction. It is reduced to 1 lane, so I'm stopped. I'm about #10 in line waiting to go. It is 8:05 AM. I think "with 10 here already, it should be very soon we get going". Sadly, I was very wrong.

8:10 was when the first car in front of me turned around and got the heck out of there. I wonder how long this wait was to make them leave? Oh, well, it should be very soon. There were a few more cars behind me, maybe, now 20 in line total.

By 8:15, another car in front had decided to get out of there. I guess the wait was too long for them. All the while, there was maybe a car coming toward us every minute or 2. This is getting strange.

8:20 more cars in front left, and some behind me also got the heck out of dodge. I was starting to get annoyed. But was hoping to wait. Well, the hot peppers I had yesterday were starting to react. I hope things get moving soon, before THINGS get moving.

8:25 I've had enough. More cars in front and behind left, one car every minute or 2 was coming the other way still, and I couldn't take it anymore. I turned around and left fast. I looked in my rear view to see if it was moving for as far as I could see it, and it never did. I wonder how long the people were waiting? I, at least made it to a gas station in time.

So, fun day. I lost an hour or so, with the 20 min wait, backtracking, and the longer alt route I had to take to get to where I needed to go. Not fun.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.
Working...
X