This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want a credit for WHAT?!

I take a fair number of billing calls so I've had people give me all kinds of crazy reasons for wanting a credit, but this guy takes the cake.

The problem: His wi-fi isn't working.

"Now wait!", you say, "That's not all that unreasonable, to ask for a credit if something isn't working".

You are correct, but there are several problems here:

1) He tells me the wi-fi works at his office and even at the Red Checkmark store he went to for troubleshooting, just not at home.

2) His wife's phone, also with our company, also cannot get wi-fi at home.

Now given these two bits of information it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain what the problem is: Either his home ISP (which is NOT Red Checkmark) OR his router is messed up. In other words, NOTHING whatsoever to do with the phone!

And there's also:

3) Part of the reason he wants a credit is due to "inconvenience" because he's had to call us multiple times to get this fixed.

He swears it has to be something with the phone, but the account notes clearly indicate that every time he's called about this we have tested the phone and it's been fine. Then we've told him to get a new router or call his ISP but he absolutely refuses to accept this.

So basically he wants a credit for inconveniencing himself.

I explained to him multiple times how he would in no way be getting a credit since his problem has NOTHING to do with the services Red Checkmark provides. I straight up told him: "Sir, that's like asking your bank to credit your account for a return Wal-Mart refused to accept."

He will not listen. He thinks that because the "internet on his computer" works just fine that it's NOT his ISP. Of course he fails to realize the problem is most likely the WIRELESS ROUTER. That router will of course, have no bearing on whether or not a WIRED connection will still work.

By the time I got done pulling out what little hair I had left, Mr. Give-me-a-credit-or-give-me-death asked for a manager.

Twenty minutes after going around in the same circles with my supervisor that he did with me, he finally clued in that we probably weren't going to give him a credit and he hung up.

These people wreck my soul sometimes.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

"So let me get this straight. Your phone's wifi works, but you want a credit because you either don't have wifi at home or are too incompetent to configure it?"
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Possible reasons

1) He has a wired router that has NO WIFI, in other words he is a cheap bastard and has not upgraded his router in ten years.

2) His router is wired to the computer, and the ISP never turn on WIFI at the time it was installed because back then he said he did not need it. He of-course refuses to remember that he did not have it turned on. And he is too lazy to check his router settings.

3) His company has an open WIFI so there is no key needed to use it.

4) His company's WIFI is keyed but he complained and someone entered the company key and of-course he does not remember them doing such.

So in the case of 3 or 4 he is too damn lazy to find out his home router's WIFI key and enter it into his phone.

Comment

We've had at least 2 customers in the last couple of years where their internet had "stopped working". We then discover, after calling their ISP, that they haven't paid their bill and their service has been turned off.

Comment

This was immediately what I thought about, reading this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rksCTVFtjM4

Personally, I do think he could be from the past.
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Can't stand customers like this! Nothing gets through their heads, they always think they're right, etc etc.

Comment

Using the particular "logic" of these sucky customers- I should call up Dish Network and scream that I can't a picture on my tv and that I deserve a refund. Never mind the fact that I'm not a Dish subscriber and the only dish located remotely/loosely on my house currently has my dinner on it. I'll be damned if I let reality get in the way of my refund!!!!

Comment

$5 says he doesn't have a wireless router ^_^
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                  $5 says he doesn't have a wireless router ^_^
                  I don't make sucker bets.

That logic in my opinion is the same as calling your cable company to complain about no service even though you have NO electric on and that's the reason why your cable does NOT work.

In the mind of such folks, the cable should be working at all times, regardless of anything else needed for said service to work.

And on that note, I'll hit up my Excederin Migraine bottle . . . b/c the only thing I'm getting right now out of trying to see from this dickwad's POV is one splitting headache.

And no, I can't bend that far backwards to get my head up my ass . . . my back won't let me.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X