This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that NOT being a sc works

DH and I went to the local big box blue home improvement store. We happened to see a ceiling fan on sale as we walked by an end-cap. Read the tag, yep seemed to match what was on the shelf so off we go to check-out. The fan rang up regular price so naturally we asked about it. No screaming or yelling required. So off goes the cashier to check the tag.

Turns out the gold colored base was on sale, not the brass base. Now to my eye the brass base looked gold so I thought we got the right one. She asked if we got it off the top or bottom shelf. I said we got it off the end-cap. DH said no big deal we still want to buy it. She said it was in the wrong spot and without another word changed to price to the sale price.

Why oh why can't people see that being nice works. Even if she had not changed the price we still would have been ok with it. Not like it was some evil plot by "the man" to get us to pay more. And yes, I have heard some idiot say that. My ears bled but I heard it.

The friend I always shop with rolls her eyes when I put other people's crap back that they left in the wrong spot. This is why. I hate finding 'exactly what I need, woo!' just to find the price is wrong, because someone didn't bother putting it back or rejecting it at the cash.
    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Working...
    X