X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid my tab

Two Praises today, different places.

He paid my tab

After church, I always go to the Haus O Waffles for breakfast (I can't eat before Communion so I'm always hungry). It's always crowded and since I'm usually by myself, I take a seat at the counter.

I'm halfway through eating, focused on reading the news, when a gentleman taps my shoulder and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat to my left.

Me: No, I don't think so.

Man: Would you mind sliding down one seat, then? So me and my friends can all sit together?

Me: OK. *I slid over one seat. No big*

Man: thanks a lot.

Me: no problem.

Usually the waitress puts the ticket by my plate before I'm finished eating. But it was fairly busy (it always is), and it wasn't there. So I grabbed her attention and asked for it.

Waitress: Oh, the gentleman paid your ticket.

I was surprised. He laughed and said he was grateful for me being willing to move.

It restores my faith in humanity.

Here, take this as well

Went to the Orange Apron to pick up a few things. I'm trying to finish up some home projects but it's been slow ever since I hurt my hand a couple a months ago.

They had a display table with some Halloween stuff that was 75% off. There were some items that are basically Fall type decorations good for Thanksgiving, so I picked up a few. When I went to check out these two little mini wood crates didnt have a barcode. So I told the cashier I'd show her where I'd gotten them so we could check the price.

No price on the table. The lady looked at the boxes and said, "OH, I bet this was a 3 item set, and someone bought just the largest box." There was a another small mini crate by itself that also had no bar code, probably had been part of a set as well. Another large box had a sticker. She offered me the smaller box (which I liked better than the larger one anyway) for the price on the single large box, and I took it since it was 75% off anyway. "I know Manager wants to get rid of this stuff. But you won't be able to do a return," she warned.

Who cares! I don't, not at this price.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.
Working...
X