This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Wet Loo Paper Mystery

Once upon a time, in a lovely little Aussie suburb, there lived a school. And in that school there was a lovely group of children who played together before and after school led by Fireheart and her boss, Seastar. They merrily played together in the mornings and the afternoons. For the children, this was often a fun chance, because they got to see what happened after school! They got to visit the toilet and sometimes a classroom after school too! It was just like going to the amusement park.

Then one day, a great mystery occurred. Children were going up to the toilet in pairs, only to then discover that upon arrival, the toilet paper was wet. This was unusual, for the toilet was a fair distance away from the toilet paper and the toilet roll itself was wet. Of course, they quickly informed young Fireheart and Seastar, who then spoke with the teachers to determine where this wet toilet paper was coming from.

It eventually transpired that a boy, or a group of boys, were taking it upon themselves to relieve their bladders on the toilet roll instead of using the toilet, much like how a drunken man might miss the urinal in a men's bar toilet. While the outside toilet did in fact have such a urinal (complete with little targets to help the boys aim), the inside toilet was simply that: a toilet. Now the mystery thickened: which boys were taking it upon themselves to urinate on the toilet paper instead of the toilet?

Alas, one of the teachers then discovered that it was in fact a kindergarten child, who was unfortunately unable to fully inform the teachers of why he was committing such a foul and nefarious act. Had it not been for the fact that he was autistic, he may have faced a harsher punishment (the reasons why will be revealed later). The child was then careful with how he chose to relieve himself thereafter.

And while this may seem like the end of the story, a new and exciting twist suddenly unfolded. Today, young Fireheart had been preoccupied with sending children off to the toilet in twos, confident that since the Toilet Roll Urinater had been exposed and was also not attending after school care today, that the toilet roll would thus remain dry. It was not to be so, as Seastar eventually discovered that the Toilet Roll Urinater had struck again. But how could this be so? The child in question was not present that day and in fact, had not used the facilities since he left school. Seastar thought back to all the children who had used the loo around the time of the attack and eventually narrowed it down to two children: a kindergarten child and a slightly older child. Now it was a matter of working out who exactly did it and why and whether the new TRU had in fact set up the first child to take the blame for his foul and disgusting acts.

The mystery continues....

(The theory that I'm pushing at the moment is that our autistic child is not in fact the original culprit, but is rather doing it as a copycat thing or is being encouraged by another child to do so: ie "if you do it, I'll be your friend." The reason for this is that there are multiple children involved, our autistic child has not always been present during the attacks and some of the older children have in fact moved away from "shunning" him to suddenly tolerating him or actual playing with him)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Perhaps consider looking to whomever was his "loo buddy" when the first incident occurred. If the other kids were giving him sh-- er, I mean, trouble about being autistic/his behavior, it's possible he was intimidated into it/literally prevented by another person until he couldn't hold it in any longer. Said bully could then spread the word about him. Are you in a situation where someone from the school could just stay in the restroom (off to the side/outside of the stall used) just to have an "adult presence" ?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Perhaps consider looking to whomever was his "loo buddy" when the first incident occurred. If the other kids were giving him sh-- er, I mean, trouble about being autistic/his behavior, it's possible he was intimidated into it/literally prevented by another person until he couldn't hold it in any longer. Said bully could then spread the word about him. Are you in a situation where someone from the school could just stay in the restroom (off to the side/outside of the stall used) just to have an "adult presence" ?
      Not in this case. There's only two of us and there is literally only one toilet upstairs (it's a unisex toilet) for the kids. We do have toilets outside, but we can't use them after school unless were on the concrete (which we are sometimes)

Re the bullying thing, that also wouldn't surprise me as our older suspect is known for being one.

The school is aware that there's more than one culprit now, but I fully plan on sending our autistic child with other children from now on to go to the toilet to see if that's the case. Ironically, our ADHD child is actually one of the few who hasn't mocked him somewhere along the line.
      Last edited by fireheart; 12-02-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

and the mystery thickens even further!

Yesterday I had a conversation with the Year 1/2 teacher. She revealed to me that a number of the attacks weren't an accident, the person had taken it upon themselves to do it in a neat, straight line-aka deliberate. I suspect this may clear our autistic child of a couple of the incidents. Another 2 children have speculated that our ADHD child had a role in it as he's done it all over the floor a few times.

So now it appears to be a "boys club" who have made a little game from it. Now I just need to catch the culprit

Comment

We had this problem at my school, in the 4th - 6th toilets. Eventually we had to ban all individuals without an adult. When the whole class was going, we had to do it one at a time. One boy goes in, does his thing, then the teacher goes in and checks. Only then can another boy go. Restroom breaks took upward of twenty minutes, but after two weeks it hasn't happened since.

Comment

Working...
          X