This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop tailgating my damn ambulance.

Look, I get it. You want to go faster. Thing is you really should know the law - a van (which, when you boil down to the crux of the matter is what an ambulance is) with a weight over 2.5t has to go slower than a car because the law says so (obv not on lights/sirens). So when I'm doing 50 on a single carriageway and you want to go 60 I get that you're frustrated. I also get that you're frustrated when I go slower than the limit but sometimes the condition of the patient requires it. I'm sure if it was your granny with a #NOF you'd want her to be comfortable too.

Thing is if you go steaming into the back of my truck then you'll hit the wedge ramp which is a fairly solid piece of metal. You'll then hit the oxygen cylinders - yes that's a plural. While they're not flammable in of themselves they will feed any resulting fire and they will be right next to where your face is. I can assure you, this will ruin your day.

Basically I'm telling you, not asking you, to back off. I've 16 feet of metal behind me, I'll be fine but you'll be in a whole world of hurt especially at speed.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Quoth crazylegs View Post
    ... hit the oxygen cylinders ...
    As in... "Eyebrows are optional" cubed.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Crazy, reminds me of a truck I saw a few years back. I think it was in Nevada. Old beat up HD pickup from a mining company. Tailgate had something to the tune of "XXX mining company Blasting Division" with "Are you SURE you want to tailgate a truck carrying explosives?" under it

Comment

People tailgate ME on a regular basis. Hint - a 53 foot dry van blocks your view of what's going on ahead of you, so your first warning of me slowing down/stopping will be my brake lights coming on. Is there enough salt on my rear guard? After all, if I need to stop suddenly, you're going to eat it.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My car is so beat up that the trunk doesn't close. Is that not an indication that I get into accidents easily and you should not tailgate me? Nope. They do anyway. Hit me and you will be IN my trunk, doofus!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It gets worse: pure oxygen well tend to spontaneously ignite various organic compounds. Including hair and, especially, oil.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
              It gets worse: pure oxygen well tend to spontaneously ignite various organic compounds. Including hair and, especially, oil.
              Oh very much so - hence why our training makes it ABUNDANTLY clear that lubricating any part of the cylinder is generally an easy way to ruin your day.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
              X