This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay in your lane!

This is something I've observed on my local roads with increasing frequency. Going into a curve, no matter which direction, I'll be approaching it and an oncoming car will take the curve right down the middle, straddling the lanes, before getting back in their own lane. More than once, they've had to quickly swerve to do so because I'm approaching the curve and they've nearly hit me.

Lately I've encountered this nearly every time I'm driving somewhere. What in the world is wrong with these people? Trying to save time? Right, what, maybe a few tenths of a second because you don't have to slow down? It's not a NASCAR track for crying out loud. I just don't understand it.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Probably chatting on their phone, or texting.

Comment

Either that, or they're just an idiot.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Either that, or they're just an idiot.
        I say idiots. Where I grew up was up at the top of a hill and the road was a series of 90 degree and hairpin turns. Drivers needed to watch for deer, branches in the road, and sheer drop offs. Did this make people drive carefully? No, it made them straddle the center line while going around blind corners completely covered by trees and shrubs. Zero visibility. I learn how to drive on that road, so I could go pretty fast (maybe too fast, I was a stupid 16 year old ) and STILL stay in my lane no matter what!

I would come around a corner and almost head on some idiot who was totally in my lane, and all I can think is "you lazy *censored*. You don't get to kill me because you're too good to use two hands on the wheel while turning."
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I agree: idiots.

The particular brand of idiot where I live is the sort who think that hitting a parked car would be unthinkable (we have parallel parking), so let's cross the double-yellow into the left turn lane for traffic coming the other way, even if there are actually cars coming from the other way.
          "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

My parents have a curve in front of their house. I don't know how many times I reached for the phone ready to call 911 for the impending head on collision when one or both of the idiots drive on the opposite of the road!
            ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

my side mirror got taken out this way earlier this year. they drove off while i pulled over and i never found out who it was :'(

I'll admit i did get too close to the divider, but they crossed into my lane (i had to swerve away, otherwise it would have been worse)

Comment

Working...
              X