Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How DARE you obey the law and inconvenience me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How DARE you obey the law and inconvenience me!

I almost forgot about this...

There's a crosswalk about a hundred feet from our shop. Someone was crossing the other night so a car approaching the crosswalk stopped to let them. (which is what NJ state law requires - I imagine other states do as well.)

There was a car behind him who was either driving too fast or too close. The guy hits his brakes (he didn't come to a screeching halt, but it was a sudden stop) and I guess he had something standing up in the back of his car like a table or a rack.

He stops his car in the middle of the street, gets out of his car screaming "you dumb son of a bitch!" and opens up his hatchback to pick up whatever had fallen over. As if it's the fault of the guy in front of him who stopped for a pedestrian LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO. He screamed it so loud I heard it through our window.

Hey ass - it's YOUR fault for either going too fast or tailgating. Guess it's easier to blame everyone else for your problems, huh?

Quoth An Haddock View Post
    Hey ass - it's YOUR fault for either going too fast or tailgating. Guess it's easier to blame everyone else for your problems, huh?
    Yep, if he would have hit the other car, it would have automatically been his fault. Cops just love that sort of person...and will sometimes cite them for reckless driving and failure to control the vehicle.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Don't you love that argument? Like when the guy hit the BRIGHT RED & LIT trailer I was towing, in broad daylight, and has the balls to say it really wasn't his fault because the trailer was too low to the ground, he couldn't see it over the hood of his van.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

At some point "high hood" van man must have been far enough back that he would have been able to see the trailer. If it's been out of sight long enough for him to have forgotten about it, then he's following too closely. Heck, MY hood is long and high, and I haven't had a problem of being unable to see a low vehicle in front of me unless it cuts in ALREADY WITHIN MY "ANGLE OF BLINDNESS".
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X