This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Map

Little Shirts and I are really into LEGOs these days. He's got his projects. I'm finding that I'm not quite as creative as I used to be. But I thought it might be fun to try to build a model of something real. I've been watching reruns of Hell's Kitchen lately, and I want to try to build a reasonably accurate LEGO version of Gordon Ramsey's reality TV restaurant.

Does anyone know if there's a map of the interior available? Or maybe there's another Hell's Kitchen fan who'd be willing to sketch it out for me? I don't need anything too detailed--I just need to know what rooms are where.

I've done my due diligence in Google searches, but all I get are maps of New York...
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

I'm not so sure about the dorms, but for the rest of the place, I'd split it into halves. The kitchen half has the passes tapering out from the centre, sort of forming a V, heading towards the diners (I believe). The kitchen area is slightly raised over the dining room as evidenced by the contestants always standing in 2-3 rows when out with Ramsay. I would also add chefs tables.

As for the dining room, if you imagine 100 customers and most of the tables are 4-tops, with maybe a couple of booths. So divide 50 by 4 and that might give you an idea of how many tables to roughly put down.

Hopefully that might help.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Yeah, the dining room shouldn't be too hard, and I have some ideas for the kitchen. There's a small business near me that sells used LEGO pieces in bulk, so I can go get whatever I need.

Are there extra workrooms behind the kitchens, or does it go straight to that hallway next to the patio where the contestants go to smoke all the time?

The stairs up to Ramsey's office might be a bit of a challenge.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
        Yeah, the dining room shouldn't be too hard, and I have some ideas for the kitchen. There's a small business near me that sells used LEGO pieces in bulk, so I can go get whatever I need.

Are there extra workrooms behind the kitchens, or does it go straight to that hallway next to the patio where the contestants go to smoke all the time?

The stairs up to Ramsey's office might be a bit of a challenge.
        Off the top of my head, there's an extra room behind that (plus a storeroom) for the dish washing and behind the scenes stuff. There's a hallway behind that I believe which also has the confessional booth area before they go and smoke.

The dining room and place changes with every season.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X