This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A promise is a promise

Not really sucky but just condescending.

A lady came up to me and said that in cinema 2 one of the seats didn't have an arm rest. This is how the conversation went:
    SC: It is really dangerous because there is a nail sticking out.
    Me: Oh dear, I'm sorry about that I will tell someone about it and get it fixed.
    SC: Yes, well it is very dangerous so you have to promise me you will tell someone.
    Me: I will tell someone
    SC: Promise me.
    Me: ehh I promise....
    SC: Thank you.

This is what I did, because you know I promised:
    I told my CW, Jay and he said: Yeah we have had complaints about it but you need a hammer to get it out.
    Now being the fix it person I am I chose to do something about it and impress Jay. I went up to the cinema and broke it off by stepping on it and bending it. I told Jay and he wasn't as impressed as I was of myself :P Well at least I went above and beyond that promise and that lady can sleep easy tonight.
    How have I not killed anyone yet?

I hate it when people tell me how to talk, I fucking hate it.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Kim Brody View Post
      SC: ... you have to promise me you will tell someone.
      Me: I will tell someone
      SC: Promise me.
      Me: ehh I promise....
      SC: Thank you.
      Right. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can understand where she's coming from. In a world where people should keep their word, they won't unless they utter the magic phrase.
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

The promise seems to be empty at this point, but uh (holds out hand flat, uses other hand to point finger downwards into palm of open hand, suggesting payment), open your wallet and that promise might happen...

Comment

Working...
        X