X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people should die. (Language)

This..week. . was HELL!!!

One of my cw went AWOL at the start of the week. With good reason mind you, oh, like say his father suffering from a heart attack, but his absence screwed us. Now on with the show . . . heh heh, if only it was that amusing.

NYE Morons
    Apparently, there are a lot of people and families that don't eat dinner before 9pm. If you haven't fed yourself/whomever on NYE before 9pm, what the hell are you doing with your life?!

Food Sabotage
    This happened a few hours after a certain individual sullied my psyche. The idiot-bastard ate half his burger and placed a staple on his plate, claiming it was in his food. So I refunded the man and even went so far as to make a whole new one, only to find out later that he was complaining about cold food or something like that.

Now on to the shitbag that's now perma-banned from my grill. I'll try to put this down word-for-word, but he verbally assaulted me such that my fight or flight kicked in, so my adrenaline was pumping(yet somehow I didn't lose it). Bear in mind, I'm 6'2 and wiry, but I have a voice that makes me seem at least a foot taller and hundred pounds heavier.

SB- Shit bag
    Me-
    After helping a well-mannered teenager, I turned to him.

Me: Hey there, how's it going?
    SB: Can I order now? Are you ready to take my order?
    Me: Go ahead, I'm listening.
    SB: I think your hair is pulled back a little too tight, your eyeballs are bulging.
    I know guys like you.
    Me: NO you don't, I'm a complete stranger. You don't know me at all.
    SB: So can I order? Are you paying attention?

This is where it became fuzzy because my adrenaline kicked in full. He essentially mocked my voice even after I explained twice, that I wasn't faking it. Pretending to not understand my clear and well-pronounced english, by asking me to repeat his order because he wanted to make sure I "got it right." And giving a name for his order that I can only guess was his poor attempt at insulting me. He went over and complained to the bartender that I was rude, something-something I have an attitude and that he wasn't ever coming back. Perhaps he realized I was possibly going to kick his ass if he came back to the counter, because his wife picked up his food.

Later that night, I had a melt-down at home and was for all intents and purposes, emotionally fried today. Either way, that mother-f is perma-banned from my grill. If he ever shows his face again, I'll tell him to leave and threaten to call the cops if he doesn't.
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-06-2015, 05:55 PM. Reason: suggesting violence

I was born in Kansas, raised in Kansas, will die in Kansas, all my family has been born and raised in the area for 4 generations now (on about 13 of 16 Great-Great-Grandparents).

Yet, I have a thick accent that no one can account for. I had trouble picking up English as a child, so I had to be "taught" it fully (before age 3, it sounded like I created my own language, but Grandma understood me). I have heard people try and place it in most of Europe and Russia. At one time it was a fun game.

Now, this drives me to tedium. Every time I started in a new place, new friends, new people, they always asked "where are you from?". Not their fault I suppose, accents normally equal another country, but not for me.

Anyone who insults a persons voice is a plain moron. I was lucky in school to be friends with a *"daywalker", so I was not picked on too often. But when it does happen, it boils my soul. (part of the reason I will never leave this town, everyone knows me and my voice. I have not had to explain it in years.)

*Daywalker - proper noun - A person who can walk in many different, and sometimes conflicting, social circles. (ex: person I knew, was a star Athlete and head of the class for Multimedia productions, aka. AV club. He was the head nerd, and the captain of the popular kids. He protected me and a few others. I was still picked on some, but not that much, all things considered.)
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Why do people think personally insulting service workers is an okay thing to do? Why do they then complain that the service worker in question is rude??? People just suck and I do think it'd be better if we hadn't evolved into modern man. The world would be a better place. A more brutal, more primal place, yes, but definitely better.

I've been called a witch before (I'm very pale and had my hair dyed black at the time), been called ugly, had a man insulting the colour of my hair (natural redhead), been called a window licker (apparently because I looked vacant), had some woman insult my voice (it's high pitched and I sound like a 12-year-old), had a man think I was foreign because I had an accent (I'm English, just from a different part of the country) and was told to get back to my own country...

These are all personal and don't have anything to do with my customer service skills, and it's just not on. Sorry you had to deal with one of those jerks who think it's fine to say shit like that.

Comment

Sometimes the accent means that it it's very difficult to understand even if they're speaking properly (as Judge Judy would say-Brooklyn has a problem understanding Arkansas).In which case,then you may have to say I'm sorry,I can't understand and if need be get a little paper and pen and write it down.

Only had to do that once as a waiter with two teenage girls who not only mumbled,but had the most impenetrable Black Country accent I've ever heard.I have family in Dood-lie and even I couldn't work out what the words were.Could have been talking Martian for all I knew...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          Sometimes the accent means that it it's very difficult to understand even if they're speaking properly (as Judge Judy would say-Brooklyn has a problem understanding Arkansas).In which case,then you may have to say I'm sorry,I can't understand and if need be get a little paper and pen and write it down.

Only had to do that once as a waiter with two teenage girls who not only mumbled,but had the most impenetrable Black Country accent I've ever heard.I have family in Dood-lie and even I couldn't work out what the words were.Could have been talking Martian for all I knew...
          I have a Black Country accent. That's the accent that the man I served years ago thought was foreign, and told me to get back to my own country. I don't know any country that speaks with a Black Country accent, who knew? Apparently I need to go back there.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            I've been called a witch before (I'm very pale and had my hair dyed black at the time), been called ugly, had a man insulting the colour of my hair (natural redhead), been called a window licker (apparently because I looked vacant), had some woman insult my voice (it's high pitched and I sound like a 12-year-old), had a man think I was foreign because I had an accent (I'm English, just from a different part of the country) and was told to get back to my own country...
            People like this need to be told two words, but unfortunately you can't do it because you're on the job (inability to retaliate is probably WHY they talk to you this way). As for what those two words are, what do you call a shotgun that's had its barrel (illegally) shortened?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              People like this need to be told two words, but unfortunately you can't do it because you're on the job (inability to retaliate is probably WHY they talk to you this way). As for what those two words are, what do you call a shotgun that's had its barrel (illegally) shortened?
              I doubt those jerks could comprehend two words myself. Two letters might be a stretch for their single brain cells.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That guy was looking for trouble, no doubt about it. Apparently Mr. No Brain Cells & Tiny Little Wang gets off on picking on people.

One of these days that guy is going to do it to the wrong person and be very, very sorry he ever opened his mouth. He's not worth losing your job or your freedom over, though. If he shows his ugly mug again, call the cops and have him kicked out.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  I doubt those jerks could comprehend two words myself. Two letters might be a stretch for their single brain cells.
                  My reference to an illegally modified shotgun was a pun. According to the information she (assuming from title "crazy cat lady) posted, Evannah is a Brit. "Sod off" on her side of the pond is roughly equivalent in meaning to "Foxtrot_Uniform_Charlie_Kilo off" on this side of the pond.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

People like that really irritate the ever living fuck out of me. But I agree with him not being worth losing your job or freedom over. You have the right to refuse service, just as anyone else does. I can downright disconnect mid call if a customer is using abusive language and does not stop when asked to. I've done it before and I'm not afraid to do it again.
                    "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Working...
                    X