This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring It Back!

We traveled for the winter holiday season. Albuquerque was very cold, but we had a fun vacation. Because I didn't feel like driving for 24+ hours, we flew. In spite of the hectic nature of holiday travel, things actually went really smoothly. Flights were a little behind, but not enough to disrupt most passengers' connecting flights. Other passengers even gave me more sympathetic looks than annoyed or angry looks when Baby Shirts decided to cry for 15 minutes straight on one leg of the trip.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself surrounded by what I thought were good airline customers and crew.

Except one lady.

I was in line at the gate agent counter in the airport, waiting to try to get some more details about the delay, just so I'd know what to expect. A woman pushed her way to the front of the line (several people ahead of me) and started berating the gate agent. I couldn't catch everything (the gate area was noisy and crowded, and she managed to be mad without being loud), but I heard enough.

Stuff like:
    "It's not my fault! I got here right when the ticket said to be here!"
    "Well, bring it BACK!"
    "No, I most certainly will NOT wait for the next flight!"
    "How dare you give my seat to someone else?!"
    "I don't care! Bring it BACK!"

My imagination filled in the blanks. Here's what I figure happened. She thought the time on the ticket was the "get-to-the-airport" time, not the takeoff time (or tried to use that as an excuse to cover up a mistake that made her late). Her seat was given to a standby passenger because she wasn't there at final boarding call. She didn't like that. She demanded that the gate agent somehow make the plane turn around and come back so she could kick off the standby passenger and take her seat, nevermind that the plane was probably more than halfway to its destination by then.

Wish I could have heard the whole conversation. That gate agent handled it extremely well.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Bring the plane back???

What a dolt.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

o____0

Entitled AND stupid. The gate agent deserves a high five for not laughing in her face.

Comment

Bring it back? Because disrupting an entire flights worth of passengers, simply because of one woman's poor time keeping is a totally viable option. Someone call security and have this dumbass removed!

Comment

Reminds me of an episode of KEEPING UP APPEARANCES where a tardy Hyacinth actually demands that the clerk get the liner Queen Elizabeth to turn around and come back for her!

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
            Because I didn't feel like driving for 24+ hours, we flew.
            Just curious, but did you take a look at the time stamp for your post? Ironic that a post about an airline issue would be timestamped 07:07.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              We traveled for the winter holiday season. Albuquerque was very cold, but we had a fun vacation.
              Ha! I live in ABQ but went down to Las Cruces (where I'm from) for Christmas!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm kind of surprised they would still honor her ticket....

Comment

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post
                  Because disrupting an entire flights worth of passengers, simply because of one woman's poor time keeping is a totally viable option.
                  Not to mention messing up the crew members' work schedules, making people miss their connecting flights, tying up terminal space for her plane when a different plane is supposed to be there, adding even more stress to the flight controllers' jobs to keep air traffic under control... As much as I wouldn't want it to happen, I'd be curious to see just how many other people's travel and work plans this lady would have wreaked havoc with if her demand was somehow met.

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  Reminds me of an episode of KEEPING UP APPEARANCES where a tardy Hyacinth actually demands that the clerk get the liner Queen Elizabeth to turn around and come back for her!
                  I must have missed that one!

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Ironic that a post about an airline issue would be timestamped 07:07.
                  I didn't catch that! Must be a time zone difference, though, because I'm showing 6:07. Lousy time zones, depriving me of a joke.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Ha! I live in ABQ but went down to Las Cruces (where I'm from) for Christmas!
                  With all due respect, Pagan, I love your state and your city (honestly--New Mexico in general has a lot of character, in spite of all the flat and empty spaces, and Albuquerque is amazing), but I could not stand living there.
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

I had to drive through New Mexico twice last year. Once to visit my dad in Arizona while he was alive and well, then a few months later for his funeral. It's the most uninteresting drive and I hated being on the road.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                    X