This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on

It's time to be on my own again. The location where I currently live is great, with excellent transportation connections (especially to my job), but it's clear that living in this house is not right for me anymore.

Three years ago on this date, I was under heavy stress; unable to pay my rent, with my landlady threatening me if I didn't pay up and get out. I had no steady work. Finally, I moved from my apartment to a single room in a house. Lower rent, utilities included, and great owners. My housemates were very nice, too - and then one of them moved and was replaced by Mr. OCD, the one I've complained about here. The couple in another room moved, and the sisters who now live in that room smoke heavily, leave their dirty dishes in the sink (when there is a functioning dishwasher in the kitchen), leave food out, sometimes for two or three days, stomp and clomp around the house so that I can't sleep, and have very poor hygiene.

I am currently enjoying the blissful quiet that can only come from the two sisters being gone - I don't know where they are, and I don't care. The owners came back last night, having been gone for about a month, during which time the sisters made the house their own stomping grounds. And, yes, I did ask them and everyone else in the house to walk quietly, given that footsteps are much louder, given the construction of this place, than they should be. The sisters ignored my request. I've had enough of them. I've been looking for a new place, and hoping that I could find an affordable one.

Yesterday, after my regular job, I did a freelance assignment. The woman in charge of the assignment was complaining about the people who worked on another part of this assignment, all the mistakes they made, etc.

Since I am also able to do the work she was complaining about, I gave her my card, and she was very happy to hear that I can do it for her. She's going to call me on Monday, I think.

So, in addition to my regular job, I have this freelance gig for the next couple of months, AND the woman will contact me for even more work.

So, there you have it - my regular job, and two freelance jobs that are going to pay well for the foreseeable future. All this, in just three years! Part of the reason I'm posting this is that I know how hard it is to see your way out of the abyss when you're in it - and then, gradually, you find a way out. Three years ago, I was on the verge of suicide. I hope this will help others on this site who are in a place they don't like; geographically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. It really does get better.

Now, I'm on the verge of moving to my own place. I looked at an apartment on Monday that I'm not going to take, but the owner liked me, and offered (through the agent) a reduced rent. I really like that. I've looked at other places - two yesterday - and I have another viewing tomorrow. I may end up moving out of the city, because rents are lower and places are quieter. What an adventure!

yay! isn't it awesome to look back and know you survived a really bad time? It gives one something to draw on if things get strange again.

A year ago I was in a bad marriage, bad job, and going through a major depression.

Now I'm on the other side of the country, have a partner that appreciates me, AND a job that appreciates me(and it wasn't anything I'd ever considered doing, my new partner helped me with the move and the job)
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
    X