Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My room is all boxed up. Well...except for a few paperbacks, my Kindle, my portable DVD player and a thing of movies, my colored pencils, and my coloring books. We have a hotel that is apparently really nice and accepts cats. We got it for a pretty sweet deal too. It's cheaper, apparently, to book several weeks (a month, if we need it) and then cancel later if we need to/if the house closing happens earlier than the 25th than it is to just go week-by-week.

re: the new house, though, speaking of- Luckily, we don't have to worry about the old owners needing to get all their crap out of it. It's been empty for a while now and is currently owned by a relocation company. The only hangup we're having is that our real estate agent is a frickin' moron who keeps messing up the paperwork and needing my parents to re-sign things they *just* signed days earlier.
    Last edited by firecat88; 01-24-2015, 12:46 AM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Firecat's Log, 2/19/2015

It has been approximately one week short of a full month since we moved into the hotel. The hotel staff are really nice. They even sent me a get well card after my surgery and gave my parents and I a 'make your own caramel apple' kit.

Of all the things I miss right now, my bed is at the very top of the list. My computer comes in at number 2. This is the longest I've been without either. Other than missing those two things, this hasn't been all that terrible. They have free cookies in the lobby every weekday at 5PM, we have a decent enough kitchen in our room that we can make our own dinners and such, and the magpie living in the tree outside our room reminds me of the pigeon that came to sit at the window of my hospital room during my shunt surgery in October.

All of that said, though, I will be happy when we move into our new house next week. We close....either on Monday or Wednesday. It would've been this Friday, but the lady at the title office is a complete ditzy moron who hasn't been handling our paperwork properly and constantly has to be reminded to speak to the realtor and the sellers. My dad has even gently threatened a few times to speak to her boss in order to get her moving. And he *did* give her e-mail address to the company that's selling the house. So we'll see what happens.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

If you have an inept doing the title, definately have a competent lawyer review it to be sure that nothing is missing.
        Also consider checking with your county recorder of deeds to make sure afterward.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Why is it I have never seen the words competent & title office in the same sentence?

Of course that's not fair - no one ever goes ranting about the good job the title office did; that and I have a personal bias...
          "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
            Why is it I have never seen the words competent & title office in the same sentence?

Of course that's not fair - no one ever goes ranting about the good job the title office did; that and I have a personal bias...
            Yeah. I guess I lucked out. Mine did just fine. And because of the communication between the title company, the bank, and my realtor, as well as the wonders of email, settlement for me only took about 45 minutes at the table.

Comment

I don't expect that the actual closing will take too terribly long. It's just that everything leading up to it has taken two weeks longer than it realistically should have. Paperwork that needed to be re-sent and re-signed, our realtor constantly-and-probably-intentionally waiting until the very last minute to call us with the latest 'The sellers said they need you to do xyz', the lack of proper communication in general....

...yeah, it's been frustrating.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                ...our realtor constantly-and-probably-intentionally waiting until the very last minute to call us with the latest 'The sellers said they need you to do xyz', the lack of proper communication in general....
                See, I'd have lost all patience with the realtor, especially if I suspected this sort of thing going on, and taken the sale (and the commission from the sale) away from her for that sort of BS. And made sure to let her boss know exactly why, as well. Totally unprofessional behavior on her part, whether it's actually intentional or not.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I wish we could have. He was assigned to us by USAA, though, so I think we might've been stuck with him from the get-go.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                    See, I'd have lost all patience with the realtor, and taken the sale (and the commission from the sale) away from her for that sort of BS.
                    Quoth firecat88 View Post
                    I wish we could have. He was assigned to us by USAA, though, so I think we might've been stuck with him from the get-go.
                    Don't know what USAA is, but if they assigned the realtor (which was most likely "Joe's next up in the rotation"), that's when you tell them about the screw-ups, and that you will no longer be dealing with that person. It's in their hands whether they assign you a new realtor or allow the sale to fall through.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Don't know what USAA is.
                      They're a financial service group that works specifically with active and retired military and their families. They do everything from life insurance to banking. To get this house, my dad took out a VA loan with them.

If everything goes well, the closing is at 3PM today. If you're inclined to do so, please pray for us that everything goes well.

Comment

I hope things have gone well. If you can, try and see about getting a security system as soon as possible.

Comment

The house came with one, I think. That or that's the thermostat. O.o

But, yes. All is well. ^_^ We're moved in, we've begun the unpacking process, and it feels absolutely amazing to be in my own bed after almost a month in a hotel.

Comment

Working...
                          X