This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange complaints...

...and yet valid. On my travels around inspecting,I have to report anything that should not be and include any criticisms. Last night I had to include in the report 'Bathroom was clean and tidy,however there was a cricket shinpad lying in the corridor on the way'
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    ...and yet valid. On my travels around inspecting,I have to report anything that should not be and include any criticisms. Last night I had to include in the report 'Bathroom was clean and tidy,however there was a cricket shinpad lying in the corridor on the way'
    That was fun - for the 20 seconds before my brain properly parsed that, I was trying to figure out what the heck a cricket would need with shinpads, who would make them, and how you managed to notice something that small.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

You're not the only one, lol! I read it like someone found Jiminy Cricket's leg laying in the hallway or something. "how'd he find a bug leg, on hands n knees with that magnifying glass hat from "Honey I Shrunk the Kids"?"

*facepalm* "Oh yeah, the sport"

Comment

Sadly, I have to say the same thing. A first I thought.. "Damn, that's going to be an awful small shin pad," then something in my brain went 'Hey, dumbass. 1/2 of the people on this forum are from outside the US"

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
          That was fun - for the 20 seconds before my brain properly parsed that, I was trying to figure out what the heck a cricket would need with shinpads, who would make them, and how you managed to notice something that small.
          You and me both. Of course, I am a bit sleep-deprived this week, and USian.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

This was a complaint? Somebody probably just dropped the thing and didn't notice.

Jerk who made the complaint should be glad there wasn't a body lying in the corridor!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At least it wasn't a cricket box.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Or a cricket's box....
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Jiminy's a gurl!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Some crickets are big enough to wear shin pads. Like the Weta cricket from New Zealand, which have a 4 inch long body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weta

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                      This is exactly what I thought too! Haha. I thought I'd be the only one with that thought process.

Comment

Working...
                      X