This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which my assistant almost got promoted

Yesterday I was happily driving along the highway to pick up my daughter from college. Since it's a, yanno, HIGHWAY, traffic is moving at a good 65 - 70 mph. I'm in a Chevy Sonic hatchback (not a big car by any means).

I'm in the right lane, and all of a sudden I see a flash of red to my left. I look and OMG!!!!!! there's a semi coming into my lane! I mean he/she was mere inches from my door.

I swerve to the right, onto the warning track and come to a stop as soon as I can. Evidently at THAT point, the semi driver saw me and moved back into the left lane.

After I quit shaking and crying, I got MAD!!! Hey As****! Check for cars where you're about to go!!!!

I told my assistant about it today and he was like "Hmmm should I be glad you're alright or upset I didn't get the promotion?" I love him!

I am glad you are safe.

For some reason, I am picturing a bug on a windshield. Much like anything hitting a semi.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
      For some reason, I am picturing a bug on a windshield. Much like anything hitting a semi.
      According to my brother, at an inland container terminal near Vancouver there's a switch locomotive with a dozen tractor-trailer silhouettes stenciled under the cab window - some things don't get squashed when they hit a semi.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

LOL you two! Thanks for the good thoughts!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          According to my brother, at an inland container terminal near Vancouver there's a switch locomotive with a dozen tractor-trailer silhouettes stenciled under the cab window - some things don't get squashed when they hit a semi.
          I stand corrected.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Not always entirely accurate, it all depends on what the truck is carrying, sometimes both lose!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3860620735.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	2030518

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Otherwise known as the "Right of Weigh".

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                Aka the "Law of Mass."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                  Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Aka the "Law of Mass."
                  No matter how you look at it, it would have been the same result:

Hood Ornament.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X