Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Swarovski, not all that glitters is gold...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Swarovski, not all that glitters is gold...

So I'm copying and pasting this from a facebook status from earlier in the year (including a few edits), and this is why I won't shop at Swarovski. Or ever work for them for that matter.

Ok, so the nasty manager I dealt with today. I'm not protecting anyone. She works for Swarovski in Chichester (the town I'm hoping to move to soon), where I recently applied for a job. Well, with my grandmother still in hospital (she's still hanging in there, bless her! Edit- this was in April and my grandmother had been given 4 days to live, and this was a week later), I've been permitted to keep my mobile phone on my person while working so I can take phone calls, just in case (because while its a job with its problems, my colleagues are hugely understanding about things like this ♥).

Anyway, my phone rings, its a landline number, and I answer. Turns out its this woman from Swarovski. I have to stop her and say "I'm ever so sorry, but I only answered the phone because I was expecting it was a family emergency, I'm actually at work right now serving customers and I can't talk." She tried to carry on talking anyway, so I had to reiterate, politely, and apologetically, that I had customers, and that I have my phone with me because my grandmother is in hospital. She sounded pretty pissy about it to be honest.

Well, I felt bad, and hey, I'm looking for work in Chichester, so on my tea break a little bit later, I called her straight back. I apologised again for what happened, and explained again the situation.

That was when she launched into a horrible lecture about how unprofessional and rude I was!!! She started off with a condescending tone and grew increasingly nastier, even spiteful by the end of the call. She said that my manner was rude and unprofessional (btw, the customers I was serving at the time, were very understanding and didn't find me rude at all), and that she was very unimpressed by how I handled everything. She even said she was unimpressed by the fact I'd answered the phone on the shop floor despite the fact I had been specially given permission to do so. I repeated for the third or fourth time then that my grandmother is in hospital dying. She said didn't care.

I said "Well, I'm on my break now, so I'm free to talk now."

She replied "Well, I'm NOT. I'll call you when its convenient for ME!"

I was almost in tears as I went to my break. My boyfriend (on the phone) and my colleagues helped me calm down, and then I decided to call her back.

This is where I'm proud of myself for finding my long-hidden spine.

I called her and said "Hello, this is Rabbit again. Regarding what we spoke about earlier, I just wanted you to know that I was offended and hurt by the way you spoke to me and treated me earlier- I think you were rude and unprofessional, and I have absolutely no intention of working for someone as unsympathetic and unprofessional as you. I have to go back to work now, goodbye."

(She tried talking over me, and was saying something negative about my telephone manner when I hung up :P)

I clearly wasn't going to get an interview anyway I dodged a bullet! And I actually feel good about sticking up for myself

So yeah, I put that as a sighting as I although I was at work, I was not working for that woman at the time. I've never been treated so horribly. I think its worth pointing out also that not only was the bitch heartless and rude but she was incredibly chavtastic, and I've seen the staff at the shop- they're all fake-tanned to awful tango shades and have impeccable (but garish) hair and makeup. They would have hated me anyway.

And most importantly, yes, my grandmother did pass away, a week later. Two days after the doctors decided maybe it was best to release her from hospital after all (and we were beginning to think she was made from adamantium) she put herself to bed, had a cup of tea and then slipped away in her sleep- but being a fab lady, had her tea first love you nan x

What a horrible cow! Glad that you opted not to work for her, she sounds like a right royal turtle's egg.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ugh, and here I thought Swarovski had some high standards! I use their crystals and pearls to make jewelry. Glad you called her back and told her off
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What a jerky woman and I'm sorry to hear...see? About your nan. She sounds awesome

Comment

You dodged a bullet LRR. Anyone who can't answer, "I'm so terribly sorry to hear that, when would be a good time for me to call you back?" is not someone I want to work for.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            You dodged a bullet LRR. Anyone who can't answer, "I'm so terribly sorry to hear that, when would be a good time for me to call you back?" is not someone I want to work for.
            Agreed. She was heartless, horrible and doesn't deserve someone as good as you working for her.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You didn't dodge a bullet...you dodged missiles! That woman sounds like a nightmare! And condolences on the loss of your Nan.

Comment

I have to ask - did you post this on Swarovski's FB page, or just your own?
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Geez, I'm sorry you had such a shitty experience with them. Thankfully the store by me isn't staffed by inconsiderate raging assholes, hopefully that bitch has been fired and I'm sorry about your nan.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

I'm so sorry about your nan. That woman is so heartless to have known about your situation and treat you so horribly. She had no right to say any of that stuff. And she was going on about how YOU were unprofessional? She sounds like a bully and I don't think she's someone I'd like to work under. I think you got off lightly.

Comment

I didn't post that on the Swarovski page, and I didn't report it either. I was extremely tempted to, but it was a very stressful time and I decided not to, as I knew it would just upset me more in the long run.

Comment

I haven't used Swarovski for a long time now (too expensive even when they were on sale) and this helps cement in the fact that I use the knock-off brand.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
                          I repeated for the third or fourth time then that my grandmother is in hospital dying. She said didn't care.
                          I wonder what would happen if the Swarovski Lady was in a similar situation. It would probably go something like this.

Boss: A customer complained that you wouldn't smile at her.

Swarovski Lady: My mother is in the hospital and she's dying.

Boss: I don't care. You need to handle that on your own time. You're here to serve the customers.

Swarovski Lady: My mother is dying. That's not something I can turn off.

Boss: You need to if you want to keep your job. Customers want smiling and helpful employees.

Swarovski Lady: It's hard for me to smile when my mother is dying in the hospital.

Boss: Do it anyway. If I get another complaint that you're not smiling, you'll be fired. I don't care what excuse you have.

Swarovski Lady: I quit. You're the most heartless person I've ever worked for. (walks away)
                          Last edited by purplecat41877; 02-06-2015, 04:11 AM.
                          My Fanfic Page
                          My Fiction Page
                          My Social Group
                          My Pet Social Group
                          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                          X