This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsman: the Secret Service review

So my partner and I saw Kingsman The Secret Service today. We did this as our V-Day treat, so we splashed out for the "Lux" cinemas (Seriously, those Aussies in Victoria, GO DO LUX IT IS SO WORTH IT!).

Overall, a very nice movie that basically just shot to hell all of the typical "Spy Movie" ideas without trying too hard to be deliberately funny about it. Colin Firth does justice as the "gentleman spy" although a couple of times reminded me a bit of his Mr. Darcy character from Bridget Jones (minus any fountain fighting of course ). A lot of the humour comes from the gentleman snarking that occurs regularly throughout the movie. Samuel L. Jackson does the villain role nicely, although because I've seen him way too much as Nick Fury, it took me a while to figure out who it ACTUALLY was (My initial thought was Morgan Freeman). The main character (the boy seen swimming in the trailers) is a virtual unknown and handles the role quite nicely without any of the other actors stealing his scenes.

Be warned-if you do not deal well with violent scenes, there is quite a bit of violence throughout. Although the Kingsman prove that yes, you can do quite a bit of damage while remaining a gentleman throughout .
    The ending definitely had me on the edge of my seat and didn't seem too predictable at all. Although I will admit, I wound up mistaking Mark Strong for Stanley Tucci at first-they look so similar.

Definitely worth a look at.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X