This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you find this fishy?

I pose the question because I am slightly suspicious of something I was told today by my manager.

I was told I supposedly offended the AVP by my manager. Then a few moments later, told to 'keep it between us'.

Would you find it fishy and would you take the time to talk to the person you supposedly offended to see if this were indeed the case?
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Either fishy, or the AVP is taking it personally and doesn't want it discussed?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The latter (took offense, but doesn't want to bring it up) scenario is what I believe is more likely. The AVP may not want to start a conflict, or feel comfortable discussing the reasons behind why (especially if it's religious or sexual orientation related - as we all know this can cause insanity in the less open-minded among us)

If you have the opportunity, ask your manager exactly what it was that caused the AVP to feel that way, if it was mentioned to your manager, and just take note to try not to repeat the situation around your AVP

Comment

Did your manager actually tell you how you supposedly offended this person? I'm not asking you to explain it here - I just wondered if he actually told you what you did or said, so you know not to do it again?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The way I read it, the manager was advised the AVP was offended by something the manager doesn't seem to put much weight in, so is giving you a heads-up; but is probably planning on sweeping under the rug, so doesn't want you putting too much weight into it either.
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Actually, the matter is that the AVP said something in passing, and my manager blew it completely out of proportion. She made it seem as if I had done something so horribly offensive that I should be lucky I work there.

The crux of the matter came up after I questioned her at length as to when did this happen and she could not pinpoint when it actually did happen and what exactly I did that was so wrong; that's what made it fishy. This is something she has been known to do before. That's when she decided to say 'just keep it between us'. I know the AVP, I've worked with him for many years. If he has a problem with you, he'll tell you. He won't go behind your back and say things that are untrue.

This matter is not resolved, but since this is an issue with the manager, it has been documented.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
            X