This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cats respond to the snow

After a fun week slipping and sliding due to a couple of inches of sleet and ice, on Wednesday night it snowed five fluffy inches.

What a fun thing to play in, right? Surely our cats, Timmy and Baxter would be so excited, right?

This was our backyard on Thursday morning:

Baxter: No.

He went to sleep under the living room rug.

Timmy: No.

He lurked under the bed with just his tail sticking out.

Like us, I think the cats are more than ready for it to be time to start bitching about the heat.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Why, whatever gave you that idea? Just because they're covering nearly every body part?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I live in tha South, and we had our first proper snowfall in years this past week --- The cat eventually whined to be let out after a day or so of white stuff on the ground...He didn't last ten minutes before he came back in. I sat down near a window just to watch the fun
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Apparently my boycat likes the cold (yesterday's high was 28°). He went out in the garage late yesterday morning and my mom realized hours later that he hadn't come back in. My dad had been out and opened the garage door, and since they couldn't find him anywhere, they assumed he had gotten out and was roaming the neighborhood (which is bad as they don't have front claws and are therefore exclusively indoor cats). Sometime after 8pm they finally found him, up on a shelf, back against the wall, and only saw him because they caught his eyes with the flashlight. Then they had to drag him out because he still didn't want to come down.

The funny part is that they left the garage door open a few inches so he could get back in if he came back. So he had all day to escape if he really wanted to.
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-27-2015, 01:05 PM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BSE- Sounds like he wanted to stay up on that shelf, where he would be safe from the ebil cold white stuff
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

BookstoreEscapee, is he acting normally otherwise? Just asking because sometimes when cats don't feel well, they hide. Don't want to scare you, just a thought.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

On the other hand, my old cat Booger (RIP) would do anything to get out in the snow, including jumping off a second floor balcony and bringing me his harness and leash.

This is the "look stupid human, quit taking pictures so we can PLAY" look.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My grandma's cat loves the snow, until he gets out in it. Then he starts shaking his feet one by one, to get the stuck snow off, and comes running inside complaining that his feet are cold. Then he'll do it again the next time it snows.

This is why I love kitties.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  BookstoreEscapee, is he acting normally otherwise? Just asking because sometimes when cats don't feel well, they hide. Don't want to scare you, just a thought.
                  He seems to be. I was over there for a while this evening and he was playing with a yarn ball, chased his sister for a half a second, and then was lounging in his usual area at the front of the living room.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

These kitties are so pretty!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                    X