X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Weather Screws with the Job

This was from last week.

Monday - I go to the office. Nothing unusual happens, except three of my teammates missed their flights. The weather was not a factor.

Tuesday - It snows. Due to the traffic snarls caused by the snow, I show up an hour late. Thankfully, my project manager doesn't say anything about that. He says he's glad I showed up for work. He actually got into the office 45 minutes later than me.

Wednesday - I'm sent to Kinston, (eastern) NC, to do an install. The roads are perfectly dry until I get to Raleigh. That's where the slush started showing up on the roads. I see many cars wiped out on the side of the road and the median, including an overturned pickup truck I mentioned earlier. When I finally stop the terrifying drive and arrive to the bank branch, I find out that they haven't opened yet. They usually open at 9 am, but they opened that day at 10:30 am. The point of contact wanted me to get finished as quickly as possible so we wouldn't have to drive in the freezing rain forcasted for that night. The PM calls me and tells me not to bother going to that branch the next day. Thankfully, it didn't rain until 30 minutes after I leave the branch.

Thursday - I'm sent to Roxboro, NC. It's just north of Durham. The roads were wet, but thankfully, not icy. The roads were fine until I get to Raleigh. The roads were slushy and everything else was covered in snow. I drive through Durham and find out that the stop lights were not working. Apparently, they lost power. Finally, I get to Roxboro, only to find out that the branch was closed for the day. I decided that I really didn't want to take more chances, so I stayed at a hotel in Roxboro. That's where I was woken up at midnight by a sucky customer.

Friday - The weather and road conditions were good. I had no problem going home.

If you're wondering, I did pass by the infamous Gregson Street Can Opener. No, I didn't go under the bridge because I was driving north on Duke St. and Gregson is a one-way street going southbound. No, there wasn't a truck stuck there, either.
    Last edited by EricKei; 03-02-2015, 10:19 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Yep. I didn't even try going to work on either Tuesday or Thursday (drive south of Raleigh and into Durham). You should see the amount of guardrail that needs to be replaced on I40 south of Raleigh. It's unreal!
    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
    And it's not what I wanted to be
    The weight on me
    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
    X