This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childish antics on Facebook

So a few days ago I unfriended a former business associate for his political rhetoric. Apparently he was shocked SHOCKED, I SAY! that I would do such a thing over a political post. He had messaged me declaring such, and also saying something about how he had something like 7000 Facebook friends and he didn't care.

I responded that he shouldn't post political posts and also LOL @ him for thinking the number of Facebook friends mattered.

I figured that was it... but today I checked our business Facebook page and the guy had actually taken the time to post on there that he got a hard drive from us a year ago and it had already died.

Really, dude? Really? So you have 7000 Facebook friends and you supposedly don't care that I unfriend you, but you're still going to go out of your way to post that our business sucks with a flat-out lie? What are you - ten years old?

And the guy is a little shady to begin with - his business is (or was) getting more hits on your Facebook page. We discovered his way of doing that was getting all sorts of foreign Facebook accounts to "Like" a business. There's still a few there... posters from Malaysia, India, etc. Probably all fake accounts or at the very least people who have never actually been to the store. All it did was raise our number of "Likes" to look a little more impressive.

Tempted as I am, I'm not going to respond to this... YET. If he tries any other nonsense then guaranteed I'll start posting on his page. But really - you post angry political rhetoric, you act surprised when someone unfriends you because they don't want to read that crap, and then you make up bullshit to try and bring down their business. Pathetic.

Ignore and block. Those sorts of people don't deserve your mental energy even thinking about it.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I agree with mathnerd. Life is so much easier if you just don't deal with these kinds of people, and you lose nothing from blocking them.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
        Ignore and block. Those sorts of people don't deserve your mental energy even thinking about it.

Already done. God, I hate the 21st century. I want to go back to 1978.

Comment

Some people just never grow up, do they? They are just a waste of your energy, so I wouldn't even give people like him a moment of your time. Ignore them and they eventually get bored and move on to something else.

Comment

He's not worth the waste of cyberspace to keep watch on. What gets me is that people don't quite understand the words "friend list," which you know, means people you actually want to talk to, as opposed to, "I have no idea who these people are!"

This means I've unfriended family for the same sort of behavior. This guy would have been unfriended and blocked, nary an eye battered.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Instead of unfriending my eh.. sappier... relatives... I just logged off facebook. >.>
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I have a pretty conservative family, so I have most of the more outspoken ones hidden but not unfriended. I'm sure a lot of them have done the same to me, and I don't mind. I only unfriend if the person starts to cause drama on my posts, including (and especially) mashing my buttons on purpose or doing things I've already asked many times politely for people to stop doing on my posts. And I've gotten to where I don't bat an eye to unfriend/hide people. I don't care if they think it's rude. It's MY Facebook page and I get to control what I see, however I see fit to do it, and I'm tired of drama and politics.

Comment

Deleted my Facebook years ago, never missed it. Too much drama, everyone always all upset about something. Doesn't matter if I agree or disagree, all the anger is tiring. I keep up with the people I want to, and at the risk of sounding terribly harsh, if Facebook is the only way someone will communicate with me, then I guess I won't talk to them. It hasn't ever come to that, though. A while ago in a class of mine (all fairly savvy computer people) the teacher asked how many people DIDN'T have a Facebook account, and quite a surprisingly high number raised their hands.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                    And I've gotten to where I don't bat an eye to unfriend/hide people. I don't care if they think it's rude. It's MY Facebook page and I get to control what I see, however I see fit to do it, and I'm tired of drama and politics.
                    I post what I want on my Facebook page. If someone doesn't like it...tough shit.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X