Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

McMunchies
Old 03-13-2015, 11:55 PM
Store Manager

Default McMunchies

McDonald's again. I was jonesing for a Shamrock Shake. (Because just making one is such a chore.) Three people came in behind me, bellied up to the register next to me, and - well, it's hard to say what reached my perception centers first: the ringleader demanding FIFTEEN McDoubles, or the persistent and pungent miasma of recreational narcotics.

You know, the last time I indulged, I just stayed home and watched the walls melt; I didn't actively go out in public endeavoring to perpetuate a stereotype. One of them actually got the giggles to go with his munchies - those high-pitched, resin-soaked giggles that only seem to come out of people on precarious amounts of pot. I sincerely hoped none of them had been driving.

Maybe there were wacky misadventures on their way to the McDonald's, and somebody will make a stoner comedy out of them. Or maybe they were hoping there'd be wacky misadventures. It did seem a bit early in the day for either weed or wacky hijinks.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:04 AM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

The smell of that stuff gags me. I'd have had to leave. Yuck.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Den Mother

Quote:
Quoth MoonCat View Post
The smell of that stuff gags me. I'd have had to leave. Yuck.
I'd had to leave too - mari-wowie gives me a headache.

As a side note, I hate needles and have to force myself just to take the prescribed pills my doctor gives me - so I think I'd have made a terrible drug addict.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Escapee

I sometimes smell it on customers at my work, too. There are varieties which I think smell okay, and some which smell like skunk. I honestly have more issues with cigarette smoke than pot, but for some random reason I think cigar (and campfire/wood burning stove) smoke is nice. I have a weird sense of smell.

And regarding the stereotype, I get SO tired of these. Just act like people and not clones! Yeah, I get that you're young and shopping with your sorority sisters (or cheer squad, etc) but do you really need to be that way? Saying "like" every other word, staying glued to your phone, sipping your skinny hazelnut macchiato with a straw... They tend to almost outright ignore me, or give that amused superior look. It's the girl version of the "Bro."

Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
... girl version of the "Bro."
I see. "Oh Ho."

Old 03-15-2015, 10:26 PM
The Christmas Tree Ninja!

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
I sometimes smell it on customers at my work, too. There are varieties which I think smell okay, and some which smell like skunk. I honestly have more issues with cigarette smoke than pot, but for some random reason I think cigar (and campfire/wood burning stove) smoke is nice. I have a weird sense of smell.
There's a house around the corner from us where we believe at least one or two of the occupants get into the green stuff a fair bit. My partner is able to identify it based on smell because he had to practice identifying it as part of his security training (he actually has completed the certification, but didn't pay for the license. He now funnily enough wants to work in IT security ). Ever since then I've always noticed that the house smells very heavily of incense whenever I walk past it (it's on the way to the shops and the train station)

Which of course has made me guilty when I go to burn the stuff as we suspect our landlord lives in the complex and don't want to make him suspicious!
(To further clarify, there's a massive townhouse and a "midget townhouse" on the property. The townhouse has been divided up into four small units while the "midget townhouse" has two rooms, one on each floor (plus a bathroom under the stairs). We live in the midget townhouse. Our landlord I believe lives in the section of the townhouse that somewhat directly faces us and the apartment below him has an Indian family living there. The other occupants of the other two apartments we've never seen.)

Getting back to the "I like smokey smells" I have no issue with campfire smoke and think it smells nice...plus I've had medieval food cooked over it. (Mmm...beef and stout[beer] stew)

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Old 03-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Urge to kill, rising...

Reminds me of the guy who came into the petrol station one night, stoned up to the eyeballs and buying about four bags of crisps. XD No, he wasn't driving; he was walking. Damn near walked in front of a car, too. O_o

Old 03-17-2015, 08:05 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth fireheart View Post
My partner is able to identify it based on smell because he had to practice identifying it as part of his security training
I can ID it by smell because I used to sling pizzas for a living. Most customers who partake in the stuff don't think to open a window to get the characteristic aroma of rotting sweat socks out of the air before calling us
"Customers are like van gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit
"Logic: sometimes it's not a thing." - Food Lady

Old 03-17-2015, 09:11 PM
The Christmas Tree Ninja!

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
I can ID it by smell because I used to sling pizzas for a living. Most customers who partake in the stuff don't think to open a window to get the characteristic aroma of rotting sweat socks out of the air before calling us
You would think that working the closing shift in a supermarket meant I could identify the smell of Mary Jane, but nope.

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Old 03-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Area Manager

It smells like mustard to me...

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."
Closed Thread