This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unruly kids and no-hands driver

My husband and I went out to the mall today, and I found myself having some stomach problems. While I was in the bathroom, a Hispanic family of about 7 walked in, including at least four little girls. I only mention their race because one of the little girls was standing outside my stall door (I could see her feet), apparently waiting for me to leave. Well, with my stomach issues, I wasn't comfortable with this, so I asked her if she could please go stand somewhere else. My Spanish is a bit rusty, but from what I could catch of what she said, she was asking someone else in there what I said. She eventually got into another stall, but the real suck came AFTER I was finished with my business.

Everything in this bathroom is automated, and as I watched the little girls were fiddling with everything they could get their hands on. I barely managed to get my hands washed, and somehow they had turned off the hand dryers. There were no paper towels available so I had to use my pants. The adults there were doing nothing to stop these kids, so I caught the attention of a nearby mall office worker and let them know what the kids were doing to the hand dryers.

Later, as hubs and I were on our way home, we saw one of those cars that doesn't look like it should be souped-up and has paint on it as old as the car, but is souped up anyway. There were hands sticking out the sunroof so we assumed it was a passenger, but as the car went by, we realized it was the DRIVER! He was doing at least 60 in the beginnings of rush hour traffic, driving with no hands whatsoever! My first thought, "He's going to be a Darwin Award contestant one day."
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Ugh, the kids. Who stands in front of stall that's in use?? I've never done that! I don't want to be privy to whatever's going on in there! YUCK.

And the no-hands driver is a major idiot. I hope the cops spotted him and pulled him over.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can understand standing in front of the handicapped stall to indicate you intend to use it next, if you know you'll need the help getting up, but it was just weird.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

What is it about little girls that they feel the need to stare into a bathroom stall - that little gap in between the door and the wall ??? I get this so many times where I work. I never did this as a little girl, and as MoonCat mentioned, I don't want to know what's going on in there. Do little boys do this too?

Comment

ONe of the locations I work at is a humongous supermarket (used to be a nail and screw factory until the supermarket bought the building and renovated it). Despite the massive size, there's a dearth of toilets; the men's room is right by the pharmacy, but all it's got is one stall and one urinal.

So last week I needed to go. I walk in, and there's this guy standing in there leaning on the wall and apparently staring at the empty urinal.

I asked him if he needed to use it, and he informed me he was waiting for his son to come out of the stall, and I could go ahead and pee if I needed to... I decided I didn't have to go quite that badly, and backed out of the room.

(The ladies' room is diagonally across the store, by the bakery in the back. Heaven help you if you've got both boys and girls who need to go simultaneously. There is also a restaurant in the building with its own rest rooms, but even there they have only one stall and two urinals in the gents'; no idea what's in the ladies'. I wonder if there's any building code requiring a certain number of johns per so many square feet?)

Comment

Shalom, there are requirements for minimum number of "seats", though they do vary a bit depending on the state. The OSHA standard, AFIK, covers minimum required based of of number of employees. Many states also have their own plumbing code, which will specify in greater detail. Type of business matters, of course. Here's an example, oregon's specifications http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/orego...%20Systems.pdf

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
              Later, as hubs and I were on our way home, we saw one of those cars that doesn't look like it should be souped-up and has paint on it as old as the car, but is souped up anyway. There were hands sticking out the sunroof so we assumed it was a passenger, but as the car went by, we realized it was the DRIVER! He was doing at least 60 in the beginnings of rush hour traffic, driving with no hands whatsoever! My first thought, "He's going to be a Darwin Award contestant one day."
              Well, you did mention that the hand dryers had stopped working.
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
              X