This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubs gets complaint about himself

So my husband is a field supervisor for his firm and had to cover a shift at a local shopping center.

While he was patrolling the parking lot by the theatre, he came across a couple that had not parked and gone into the business, but had "parked" out in the back corner of the lot for other reasons. They were not happy when Hubs interrupted them.

Hubs: "You can go into the theatre or you can leave. You can't just park here and make out."
    Guy: "This is ridiculous! We're paying customers at the theatre! I wanna talk to the supervisor!"
    Hubs: "I am the supervisor."
    Guy: "I wanna know the name of you're supervisor!"
    Hubs: "You don't need to know. You just need to go into the theatre or go."
    Guy: "I wanna file a complaint!"
    Hubs: *points to the company number on his patrol vehicle*

The girlfriend started dialing. They got in the car and left. Hubs resumed his patrol. His duty phone rang.

Dispatch: "Yeah, we have someone calling in with a complaint about the guard at [theatre site]."
    Hubs: "I am the guard at [theatre site]."
    Dispatch: "Oh...so what's going on?"
    Hubs: "I caught a couple making out and they weren't happy about it."
    Dispatch: "I see. You want to talk to them or should I just tell them that the supervisor is busy and someone will get back to them later?"
    Hubs: "Someone can get back to them later."
    Dispatch: "Alright, have a good evening!"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Guy: "This is ridiculous! We're paying customers at the theatre! I wanna talk to the supervisor!"

I would have used the old Gord line: Would this be a bad time to point out that you are not, in fact, a paying customer?

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post

I would have used the old Gord line: Would this be a bad time to point out that you are not, in fact, a paying customer?
      Unless he was paying her. 😉
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Maybe they started making out inside the theater and got booted out. Therefore they were technically "paying customers"....for a few minutes...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I agree with MoonCat, they probably started in the theatre.

p.s. on your Signature. I loved his books too. (Highlight below for my Pratchett tribute) Link to discussion on Reddit on how to add it to other servers.

Edit: doesn't seem to work properly on mobile phones.

GNU Terry Pratchett
          Last edited by marlovino; 03-26-2015, 12:57 AM. Reason: show tribute
          I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
            I agree with MoonCat, they probably started in the theatre.
            I bet the guy was hoping to finish in the car.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Unless he was paying her. 😉
              First post on CS to make me LOL in a *long* time.
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
                First post on CS to make me LOL in a *long* time.
                Of course it would come from Sheldon
                Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
                X