This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    Wow, people sure love throwing Singapore Airlines in your face. She obviously has no class, who says "plebs" anyway?
    Everyone compares us to Singapore Airlines and ALWAYS say how much better they are. Well their female crew have to retire at 30 or something and they are all very slim, beautiful ladies and they are known for impeccable service, which I guess means they always say yes to customers who are in the wrong!

My airline employs a lot of older crew and I think we offer a good service, friendly 'normal' crew but we just can't compete with the Far Eastern airlines who have a fancier product in some cases and very subservient, young, crew.

Comment

Quoth Air_Stewardess View Post
      Well their female crew have to retire at 30 or something and they are all very slim, beautiful ladies and they are known for impeccable service, which I guess means they always say yes to customers who are in the wrong!

My airline employs a lot of older crew and I think we offer a good service,
      Airline "A" has lovely, delicate-looking flight attendants. Airline "B" has flight attendants who look like Sienkiewicz ("clerk" of the Headhunters in David Drake's contributions to "The Fleet" shared universe series). Hypothetical situation: plane makes a hard landing/controlled crash, and I'm injured to the point I can't get out on my own. Which flight attendant can toss my (temporarily) crippled ass over her shoulder and haul me out of the burning plane? I'm flying with airline "B".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Airline "A" has lovely, delicate-looking flight attendants. Airline "B" has flight attendants who look like Sienkiewicz ("clerk" of the Headhunters in David Drake's contributions to "The Fleet" shared universe series). Hypothetical situation: plane makes a hard landing/controlled crash, and I'm injured to the point I can't get out on my own. Which flight attendant can toss my (temporarily) crippled ass over her shoulder and haul me out of the burning plane? I'm flying with airline "B".
        On the plus side airline A will no doubt have a few extra "flotation devices" available.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I'd have probably not ignored her... more like my mouth would engage before my brain and I'd end up giving her a piece of my mind. I cannot stand people like that!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Hypothetical situation: plane makes a hard landing/controlled crash
            .... or any other emergency.

I'm flying with the airline with crew who know their emergency procedures, too. People forget that air stewards aren't glorified waiters, they're also emergency personnel.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X