X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The concept wasn't lost, because it was never had

Selling stuff to idiots is HARD, yo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service desk girl, on the telephone: Can you give me the UPC of the full-size, 3-inch memory foam mattress topper that's on sale for $79.99? I need it for a raincheck.

Me: Sure, please hold.

I make my way to the shelf where the 3-inch memory foam mattress toppers are and scan the shelf label. It gives me a quantity of 3 on hand and a backstock location.

Me: Actually, I think we may have this in the back; should I bring it up to the desk?

Service desk girl relays this to a customer at the service desk. I hear some unintelligible, barked gibberish in response.

Service desk girl: No, she just wants a raincheck.

Me: We don't do rainchecks on merchandise we have in stock because they're only for stuff that's out of stock. Would she like me to bring it up to the desk for her?

Service desk girl talks to the customer some more. More unintelligible gibberish is heard over the phone.

Service desk girl: She says she'll just order it online.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

She can't be said to be brain-damaged. She's got perfectly good brains, because apparently they've never been used.
    Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

What do you want to bet she didn't have the money this week, but will have when she gets her check? She's playing the rain check system to match up with her available cash flow.

Comment

She left with no mattress topper and no raincheck for it.

If she's planning to return next week to buy it, the price will likely be higher.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          She left with no mattress topper and no raincheck for it.

If she's planning to return next week to buy it, the price will likely be higher.
          That doesn't mean that that wasn't her plan, especially if she didn't have the cash.

Comment

Lol Then she will be all HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE IT
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              Lol Then she will be all HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE IT
              Aaand then she'll demand the raincheck anyway, because she doesn't understand how they work.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She'll claim bait and switch....
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

But that's not what mystery worker who I can't describe, have no name for, can't even remember if it was male or female told me!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Me: We don't do rainchecks on merchandise we have in stock because they're only for stuff that's out of stock. Would she like me to bring it up to the desk for her?
                    I admit that once I wanted a raincheck rather than the product. Back when I was working in a machine shop, my Brand X air drill (lifetime warranty, but discontinued model) broke, and while it was in for repairs Canadian Tire had a sale on the equivalent Brand Y drill (6 month warranty). The sale would be over before I'd find out if my old drill was repairable, so I did (what I thought was) the logical thing:

I went to the Canadian Tire website to check stock on the drill at various nearby locations, then went to the ONLY location that showed as being out of stock. They didn't have the drill, so they issued a raincheck. Turns out my drill was repairable, so I didn't need to redeem the raincheck.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                      She'll claim bait and switch....

Choose one.
                      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Thud-n-Blunder View Post
                        She can't be said to be brain-damaged. She's got perfectly good brains, because apparently they've never been used.

My thoughts exactly!
                        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
                        X