This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Annual Easter rant

Once again it's Easter weekend and my store has eggs for $0.99/dozen. Nevermind that we stocked over 1500 dozen for this sale ... I work in a drugstore, not where most people would think to get eggs. It's only Friday ... here we go:

Yes that's all the eggs we have left. No, there aren't any in the back. How do I know? I was JUST back there 5 minutes ago! No, you can't get a raincheck - the 11x7 signs on the cooler door, my register, and the front door of the store ALL say "no rainchecks". No, you can't get more than the limit. I don't care if your mother's brother's sister's uncle's dog is disabled you can't get more than the limit! Yes, that's all the eggs we have left, repeat ad nauseum.

And how was your day?

Reminds me of when my sister worked for the city mission and some farmer donated a whole helluva of a lot of eggs, which the mission then gave away to people in need. They went fast, but the mission kept getting calls about free eggs for literally YEARS afterward. Sis swears that every time she answered the phone, it was someone saying, "I heard you're giving away free eggs?" And of course many people got quite snarky when told the eggs were gone.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We got picked clean of the good Easter candy early this year. So this last week it's been mostly generic crap left over. I can't tell you how many times people have asked me if I had any more candy in 'the back'. Really people? Yeah the WEEK of Easter I'm going to keep anything Easter related in the back room UGH.

But at least nobody told me their kids Easter was RUINED!!!

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
        We got picked clean of the good Easter candy early this year. So this last week it's been mostly generic crap left over. I can't tell you how many times people have asked me if I had any more candy in 'the back'. Really people? Yeah the WEEK of Easter I'm going to keep anything Easter related in the back room UGH.

But at least nobody told me their kids Easter was RUINED!!!

Well drjonah, you clearly must try harder!!!!!

Comment

Easter wasn't too bad for us this year. I worked last night and expected it to be CRAZY but it wasn't. In fact there were times that the store was dead and seemed slow even for a regular Saturday. We even had a nice selection of candy left and plenty of eggs. I even had one lady tell me how happy she was that we still had plenty of stuff even at the late hour. I'm pretty sure that my store was relocated to the Twilight Zone.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

My store was NUTS. First day at the new location, it's located in a mall. So the mall decided to close for Easter (cost cutting measure making it look like it was for a holiday) but my store was the only one that stayed open. Everybody and their brother thought that meant "let's go look in (my store name) rather than "maybe we should go home and cook our ham." Plus one person was INCENSED that we asked her to turn her credit card around to face the right direction. Exact quote "I'll pay for this any way I WANT!"
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

We closed at 5. I could have sworn we closed earlier last year, but this was probably a combination of the Easter/Passover conjunction and Corp seeing that last year there were so many people dashing in the door at 1:58 (we closed at 2) to buy the whole dinner so why didn't we accommodate them

I had to go across town after work to check on a few pets, and when I came back through at 6:15 there were still people driving into the lot and walking up the footpath.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

About 8 years ago my pizza place franchise decided to stay open normal business hours on Easter Sunday. At the time I was a borrowee to another store. I worked 11am - 8pm and had 3 deliveries for that 9 hour shift. I did all of their food prep, dishes, cleaned stuff etc. then for the next 7 hours I was bored
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                X