Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the favorite child dynamic. I get to call home and her all about "Little Bro is doing so well with his social anxiety, he went out with his friends again today and they had so much fun! We're so proud!" In the same breath "How's your studies going? Wait, you didn't go today because you weren't feeling well? That's so lazy, you've always been prone to laziness. You want to watch out for that, before you know it your grades will slip, and then where will you be?"

Bitch, I'll be in my own house, going to my own job. You know, those things I have that I've had and maintained for years? Those things wonderboy refuses to get?

"Oh, but his social anxiety..." Fucking no. He's 23. He's seen numerous psychs. They've given him the tools to work on his problems. The fact he refuses is not social anxiety, he doesn't want to be helped. He gets to live rent and responsibility free in his childhood home. That goes down the drain if he changes anything.
    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Last month both of my parents asked if they could move in to my house
      Kanalah, please tell us you said OH HELL NO to that!!

Latekin, you know what'll happen when your parents finally tip over if Bro still has no job, right? "Sis, can I move in with you?"

Seems like there's one in every family - someone who either gets blamed for everything, or is expected to fix everything that's wrong - or both.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mooncat I told them that I don't have the space in my house and that I'm not buying a larger house unless they pay rent. I can't afford a 5 bedroom house! Also they can't stand each other.

Latekin, I've had similar conversations with my mom. Younger sis lives rent free in mom's house. Mom moved out because she was tired of putting up with sis' drug use and sleeping around. So sis has a "free" house. But I'm the dissapointment and failure of the family when I have a marriage (13 years today!) kids that behave like people, a house and 2 jobs. Whatever.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
        X