This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs You Should Leave

Forbes contributor Liz Ryan wrote an article giving advice to job seekers on when to leave a job interview early. The second story is a prime example of why that's important. It inspired me to start a thread in "General Work Chat" called "When Not to Get Hired 101." Feel free to share your job interview horror stories there.

Here's the second story:

I got an invitation to go on a job interview at the company’s location downtown. I know the building — it’s where my tax guy is, so I’ve been in the building many times. Two hours before the interview the recruiter calls me and says ‘The manager wants to meet you at Starbuck’s on the corner, instead.’ That’s no problem — I met the manager, Bruce, at Starbuck’s. He said to me ‘I’m thinking that I might hire you and fire Jennifer, my Office Manager, so I didn’t want to meet you in the office.’ I had the presence of mind to ask him ‘Does Jennifer know you’re unhappy with her?’ He said ‘No — why tell her, if I’m going to fire her?’
    Bruce sounds like someone I definitely wouldn't want to work for. I've already worked for someone like that.

Five Good Reasons To Walk Out Of A Job Interview
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.
Working...
X