This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex on the PA

A story from FA, when our manager and he worked together in a nearby small-town format store.

The satellite music that normally played over the PA was down several days for some reason. Manager got the idea to play his MP3 player over the PA system until the satellite music came back up. District manager was fine with this, as long as nothing objectionable was being played, and was even prepared to send a memo to the other stores in the district indicating that this would be okay to do if their music was down.

All was well until the Kings of Leon song "Sex On Fire" queued up. Then some old woman demanded a manager (which turned out to be our current manager) and hollered at him in the most stereotypical old-woman voice you can imagine "I'M TRYING TO DO MY SHOPPING AND YOU'RE PLAYING THIS DIRTY SONG ABOUT THIS GUY'S SEX BEING ON FIRE."

He apologized. Impressively he kept a straight face while doing so.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

If there had been a radio station playing, who's to say it wouldn't have shown up anyway?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Perhaps the mp3 had the unedited version?
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I wish our overhead music would cut out; it's horrible. Whoever picked the tunes needs a good

Some of the songs are okay, but far too many are awful covers of originally good songs, all done by this incredibly bland-voiced woman. I'd like to give her a as well.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was disappointed to hear that this wasn't a case of someone in the office getting it on at work and brushing the PA button.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

XC - Probably just Muzak with lyrics. Likely to be much, much less expensive to license.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              I was disappointed to hear that this wasn't a case of someone in the office getting it on at work and brushing the PA button.
              You too...or at least something embarrassing over the PA.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I've always tried to tune out overhead music ever since working at Best Buy my senior year in HS...and having to listen to "Baby One More Time" for 3 months every 40 minutes.

/wrists
                /feeds self to woodchipper

I once worked at a campus bookstore in Denver, and during the Avalanche playoffs (the year after they last won The Cup), we tried to put the game over the PA - but the manager said no since we were a state agency and the commercials were a no-no.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  Lol that's what I thought it was going to be about. Disappointed also!

Comment

Working...
                  X