This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow company loses case! :eek:

Of course it was because the owner was an idiot. The video freezes but the sound continues. It is the last case. The tow owner had NOTHING. No driver as witness, no receipt, nothing. The copy of the tow receipt the plaintiff had showed the time of tow but not the time the company received the call to tow. The plaintiff had a receipt from the business proving they were there at the time. Thank goodness for good tow peeps like Arga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI7kdcl1LfE

That owner was not prepared for that case--I have no doubt that Agra's firm has all the docs they need to eat claims like that for breakfast. FWIW, the towing case begins at 30:00.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Interestingly enough, did you know that a lot of these shows like "The People's Court", "Judge Judy", and so forth are "binding arbitration" cases?

That's why "The People's Court" used to(??) have that thing at the beginning that said "Both parties have agreed to dismiss their court cases..."
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

They still give that spiel at the beginning it just gets cut off in the youtube vids sometimes. Thanks for posting the time when the case begins. Didn't think of that. I like judge Milian she has a good BS meter but she is somewhat laid back. When I want to see someone eviscerated or castrated I watch a Judge Judy episode. One should not mess with feisty Jewish ladies in general and most certainly not when she's wearing a black robe and swinging a gavel.

Comment

Here's a non freezy version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbCx49v_1vI

Comment

mjr is 100% correct. Remember, the show hosts are ex-judges, generally speaking The complainants have come to them as Arbitrators in lieu of actual Small Claims court, and sign documents indicating that they will not and cannot pursue the claim in actual court, nor file any sort of appeal. Also, the chance to get on TV never hurts (no matter the situation, people love to be on TV...), and neither does the reward and free hotel/flights.

They all work in a similar fashion, AFAIK. e.g.: People's Court is said to have a $5,000 "pool" of money. If the case is dismissed, the complainants split it evenly. If one side wins, their take comes out of the pool, and then the remainder is split among both parties.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X