This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Hotel Stays.

At my recent winter job, the employee housing at the resort was filled up so the company arranged for the overflow to stay in a different town and get bussed in. For the first part of my stay, I was in National Brand Hotel. I get there and the front desk gives me my room. Well, I get up to the room only to find out that two people were already there. I go back to the front desk and get assigned a different room only to find out this one was obviously taken up by two people. After the third time this happens, they finally put me in a different wing with a room to myself. That was nice but it only lasted about a week before I got moved back into the Resort Employee Wing. In all fairness the front desk staff were extremely nice and apologetic about the whole thing.

Now for some other silliness. We had to provide our own towels. That I could kind of see, since it was more work for the housekeepers. They also took out the hangars, the iron and ironing board, the hair dryer, and the coffee maker. It's not like it would have hurt them to leave the other stuff in the rooms. Oh, and by the way, they were being subsidized by the company for the rooms. We were also not allowed to use the pool, hot tub, or fitness room. The thing that made me laugh though was the sign by the free coffee in the lobby telling resort employees to keep their hands off.

Fast forward to the end of last month. Company's contract with hotel ran out so they're getting everyone moved out. The lack of communication regarding that could be another post in itself. Anyways, I get told I have a room at locally owned motel a block away. I go there after work only to get a 'room, what room?!' from the front desk clerk. She checks the email, and calls some people, and we get it worked out. I get my key and go to check out the room which I'm told should be empty. Imagine my surprise when I find a girl sitting on one of the beds and her male friend sitting on the other bed. I introduce myself and explain that I was supposed to be the new roommate but they said everyone had moved out. She tells me that she and her old roommate had the same first time so they got mixed up all the time. I tell her that I'll be moving in the next day since it's my day off.

I manage to get all my stuff schlepped over the next day. The room is surprisingly nice and the bed is quite comfy. I find out that housekeeping comes daily instead of once a week. We don't have to use our own towels, and they kept the hangars, etc in the room.

Everything goes really well until last week when roommate checks out. I come back from work to find my stuff outside and my room being painted. Turns out they thought roommate was the only one there. You would think that if there are still clothes in the dresser, a suitcase on the floor, shampoo in the bathroom, and cosmetics and stuff on the counter, someone might still be living there. Painter insists that the front desk clerk told her that the room was unoccupied. I go over to the front desk and tell the clerk that I had not checked out yet. He looks surprised then goes over his records. Turns out they put my name down on one form but not on another. I get a new room fairly quickly after that.

The rest of the week goes well, until I learn that my work shoes for the train have been thrown away. Everything else has been packed quite nicely but for some reason the shoes get tossed. I am, um, not happy, when I find out about that. But, what can you do? They were still in good shape too; it wasn't like they were falling apart. All I needed was a new pair of inserts and they would have lasted me the season.

Oh well, at least I am home now. Sleeping in my own bed has been great. I'm off again in a few more days but I know what to expect at my summer job.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

That is all bananas.... O.o
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Damn that sounds like a clusterfuck and a half. Enjoy being home for the time being!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

You both aren't kidding. When I was ranting to my husband about everything, I decided this would at least make an amusing story on CS. And, really, sometimes, you've just gotta laugh.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
        X