This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You try to be nice...

Had an SC at the airport, waiting at 3am. SHe calls me.

SC: I need a cab. I'm a guest at your hotel.
    Me: Ok, their number's is #####.

A few minutes later, she calls again.

SC: I tried that number and it didn't work. Can you call it for me?

Me: *sigh*

So in interest of being nice, I do it. I make sure to use her cell phone number to book it though.

Me: They'll probably call you, but what's your terminal and airline?

SC: I'm, um, *mumble mumble* Terminal...um, *mumble* baggage claim.

Me: Ok, they'll call you. *figures the cabbie will call her and she'll straighten it out*

SO a few more minutes pass.

SC: *calls* They still aren't here. They sent me a text though.

Me: Okay, just give it a few more minutes. They might call you.

SC: OK

I'm not sure what happened next, but I guess they called and she didn't pick up because in my experience, if the cabbie can't find someone they call the number given. Well she didn't pick up and they missed her. Such as I told her when she called me again.

SC: *fuming* This is all your fault!

So much for being nice. Another round of service videos for me....
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 05-14-2015, 05:34 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Geez, what a jerk. It's S.O.P. for a taxi to call if they can't find you, if she didn't answer it's her own damn fault.

And frankly, if she's at an airport, even at why-am-I-awake o'clock, there's always taxis around somewhere. Sounds to me like she was just too damn lazy to go looking for the taxi rank.

I hope you don't get in trouble over this, you went above and beyond for her.
    "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
    "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
    ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

At near 3AM (I'm guessing she had a flight run late), how could a taxi NOT find her, unless she was waiting inside? Passengers could not exactly have been stacked deep...

Comment

At any airport even smaller town ones, there is a taxi stand. What was she expecting? Someone to come into to airport looking for her?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I bet that at "sent me a text", the firm was asking "which terminal are you at", and she didn't bother to reply to it.

Comment

She probably had no idea what terminal she was at and probably either standing somewhere inside the terminal (and yes, she did expect someone to come in looking for her), or else she was outside at the wrong exit.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If she didn't want to take the call, she should have said very clearly where she was and been there. You called them, as she demanded, so the onus is on her to make sure she gets into the taxi. What did she expect you do to? Drag her kicking and screaming into it?

Umm.. if that ever becomes a feature, tack on a couple of zeros to the end of whatever amount is being paid to cover it, mkay?
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Update: It turns out that she was in her room the whole time! Gave me and the taxi company the runaround. What a ditz.
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I really hope you are allowed to ban her for that stupid stunt!
                  No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                    Update: It turns out that she was in her room the whole time! Gave me and the taxi company the runaround. What a ditz.
                    Let me get this straight. She's _AT_ the hotel but has the cab sent to the airport?

Agreed, a perma-ban is in order for anyone this braindead...

Comment

Oh my. Ban her ass.

Comment

New rule

You will supply the number to taxi service.

YOU WILL NEVER DO THE DIALING!

The way she did it the taxi service only has you on record, in the future customers can do their own calls.

Comment

Working...
                        X