This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot to order a big cake

Got home from another day at the bakery yesterday, got a panicky call from my boss. One of our regular customers (owns a small cafe, catering business on the side) called at almost closing time, realizing that she'd forgotten to order a cake for her Saturday night catering thing. She was so sorry to be calling so late, could she have a big strawberry cake for 8:00 on Saturday. I told the boss, yes, I can come in early and get the cake done. The cake is done on time, 8:00 comes and goes, 8:30 I try to call the customer on her cell and at her cafe, no answer. Around 9:30 she calls us and sort of apologizes, doesn't have room in her car because of the other stuff she had to pick up. Forgot about that too, I guess. One of her slaves came for the cake at 1:00. She is a regular customer, and is usually very nice, but she's pulled this last-minute thing on us before. Hope the boss has a little chat with her ...

I hope the chat consisted of "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part; future 'rush' orders will incur a 25% surcharge".
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I've never had Strawberry cake. Mmmm *imagining eating a strawberry cake*
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Unfortunately, being a regular customer means you know boss won't say anything. Too bad, as I agree a 25% surcharge for saving her bacon at the last minute was more than warranted. Your coming in early costs him money. And what if you weren't available and had to give up something for this? The next time this happens I would say "no" unless boss is prepared to make it worth my while.

And after all this not picking it up because her car is full of other stuff? This customer sounds like a total ditz and probably treats her employees with the same scorn...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          This customer sounds like a total ditz and probably treats her employees with the same scorn...
          Her name isn't Betty, is it?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Her name isn't Betty, is it?
            It does sound like the famous Betty the Restauranteur, doesn't it? But no, just another silly cow. She's done this before, and I think she's used up all her goodwill cards with the boss

Comment

"I gOt My CaKe...!"

Comment

Working...
              X