This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's strange our staff service the rooms

So we got these two complaints at the same time last night. Chocolate Guy was complaining to my coworker and during his rant Boardroom Gal walked up and started complaining to me. We got hit with this stupid at same time, people!

Complaining about free chocolate

BG: We're hosting Huge Conference that has bought out the entire resort. The event organizers arranged to have housekeeping deliver special chocolates on the pillows as part of their turn-down service. These chocolates were sponsored by one of the vendors, "Insurance Company", so they had their card attached to the chocolates.

One guest was apparently under the impression that we'd given keys to his room to "Insurance Company" and they put the chocolate in there directly.

SC: "I found chocolate in my room from Insurance Company! Who are they?"
    CW: "Yes, they provided the chocolates."
    SC: "So you gave them a key to my room?!?"
    CW: "Oh no. It was out housekeepers that put it in there. They gave us the chocolates and housekeeping delivered them when they cleaned the rooms."
    SC: "But it says Insurance Company! I don't know who they are! I don't want them in my room!"
    CW: "Only our housekeepers went in the room."
    SC: "But why does it say Insurance Company?"
    CW: "They were the ones that gave chocolates out to all the guests in the resort."
    SC: "So why were they in my room?!?!"

Lather, rinse, and repeat for way too long.

Clean rooms are spooky

While this was going on, one of the meeting organizers who was using our boardroom came up to me.

SC: "Yes, I was just in the boardroom and someone came in and moved everything!"
    Me: "They did?"
    SC: "Yes, the table is all cleared!"
    Me: "So what's missing?"
    SC: "Oh all my stuff is there. But we had water glasses and dishes and stuff and it's all gone!"
    Me: "Oh they probably cleaned it."
    SC: "You don't understand. The table is completely cleared. It's spooky!"
    Me: "But nothing is missing?"
    SC: "No but I mean, they just went in there and cleaned and it's spooky! I want to talk to someone about this!"

I called Banquets and sent someone up to deal with her. Apparently having them come in and clean up dishes and uneaten food after a lunch meeting is "spooky" and complaint-worthy. I guess next time they should just leave all the mess until the three-day event is completely over.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

The first one, you may as well have turned and started speaking to the nearest wall. The second... Had that person ever stayed at a hotel before? Ever? In their lives? Wow! I shudder to think what Spooky's house looks like!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I thought Pare A. Noid was a figment of my imagination.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Huh. So if the room isn't clean, it's housekeeping's fault, but if the room is clean, something supernatural must have come in and did it.

So, what you do is let clean room talk to chocolate man and convince him that it wasn't the insurance company, but GHOSTS that left the chocolate!
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Wow, two nutcases at the same time. Probably inevitable with a really large conference, but still. Weird.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Most of my workplaces have included Boardrooms that I am partly responsible for and one of the things I had to do was clear out used glasses/crockery/food during the breaks in all-day events.

2nd person has clearly never worked in a well-run office before.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I admit, when I stay in hotels I have housekeeping stopped (or put to minimum of once a week). I do not like people I do not know in my room.

However, I do this ahead of time. Like a polite person.
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                I guess next time they should just leave all the mess until the three-day event is completely over.
                Damned if you do, damned if you don't
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X