This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me have my mornings.

For the past week someone (or multiple people?) have been driving their motorcycle to work early in the morning. Wait, wait! Don't think I'm just being mean to motorcyclists! Here's the circumstances.

The weather has been super duper awesome recently. Not a small detail, being that most lawns around here consist of moss. It's rainy here, mostly. So this good weather has resulted in my sleeping with windows open. It has also resulted in somebody riding his/her very loud motorcycle early in the morning. I will stress again. Loud. Early. It's woken me up each morning before 7:00 AM. This is an older area, homes from the 1900-1950s. So smaller lots, cute and close together.

I'm not planning to do anything about it, not that anything could be done. It's just annoying. I need my mornings. I usually have to be at work early, and I dearly cherish my sleep in days. I'm not a morning person. During the winter I have a very elaborate wake-up system, which includes up to three alarms, one of which is a sunrise lamp. The phrase "woke up on the wrong side of bed" IS ME. On the other hand, in the summer I wake easier and cheerful. But not when woken like this.

So in conclusion, motorcycle person, you probably have no inkling of the ire you have caused. But I still hate you.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

You poor thing. I feel your pain but in my case it was my dad with the motorbike.

He used to start it right outside my bedroom window, which especially sucked on school holidays and weekends. He'd had after market something added to the exhaust that made it sound like the police chopper was about to land on the house.

Luckily I eventually became so used to the noise I wouldn't even wake up anymore. Now I sleep through everything, including a massive drug bust 4 doors down in the wee hours of the morning.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

None of my neighbors have noisy bikes, but some of them have noisy stereo systems, and one of them has their parking spot right outside my bedroom window. And they regularly leave in the mornings around 6:30am. In my case, this is typically when I'm actually going to bed and just starting to fall asleep...
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
      X